Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2003 200 efi still getting 4 beeps after replacing oil jug

2003 200efi serial number #OT760703

Helping my buddy on this one. His engine is getting 4 beeps. Changed water separator filter still beeped. Unhooked oil jug jumped the wires together and it quit beeping. Ordered new oil jug hooked it up started beeping again. Unhooked wires jumped them over to each other quit beeping. Sent that jug back got a new jug and still have same problem. Jumped wires back over and it stopped beeping. So what is going on here. I fine it hard to believe 2 new jugs are malfunctioning. So where would you guys suggest we go from here on getting this issue fixed? Thanks

2. Member
    Is the on motor oil tank 100% full when the alarm is beeping?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

Yes all the way

4. Member
    Are these OEM jugs or aftermarket?
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Hp Optimax OT862351

5. Member
    part number of tank used from box / bag it came in please
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

This is what he ordered
    IMG_3394.jpeg

This is what he got
    IMG_3395.jpeg

It was based of mercury part number and didn’t say aftermarket

Must have part numbers, and an OE tank.
    try disconnecting the switch with no jumper, some earlier systems used a normally open switch vs the more common normally closed switch!
    I dont know this was a software difference or a tank difference in function.
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-27-2023 at 05:39 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    test the sensor its normally closed when installed and full of oil
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    This is what he ordered
    IMG_3394.jpeg

This is what he got
    IMG_3395.jpeg

It was based of mercury part number and didn’t say aftermarket
    where did he get them and what was the price? if its a true oem it costs $250 ish if those are $85 ebay or amazon then there is you issue. not saying those wont ever work but it could be that the float switch inside is different or not functioning . youll need to bench test.

10. Member
    ^^^^^^^+1

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by styler View Post
    where did he get them and what was the price? if its a true oem it costs $250 ish if those are $85 ebay or amazon then there is you issue. not saying those wont ever work but it could be that the float switch inside is different or not functioning . youll need to bench test.
    Not true..... europeanmarine has them for 107.15 (or somewhere in that ball park).

With that said, I too have one coming that is supposed to be an "OEM" part. I am questioning this as its not coming from here in the U.S. If I knew europeanmarine had them roughly the same price I paid (I think like $15 more), I would of just ordered through them, and still might get one coming just in case. Otherwise, I may just jump the sensor and leave it.
    Last edited by DucksnBobs; 05-28-2023 at 03:00 PM.

I just replaced my engine Mount Oil tank which I purchase from European Marine ( 80% of my parts come from E.M.) once installed, I was still receiving an alarm. Let me say this, there was no fault on the product I received from European Marine! What I found was that one of the pins pushing out of the connector going to the engine. Only OEM parts for me and I just turned 500 hours.
    Last edited by Rangerdic; 05-28-2023 at 09:42 PM. Reason: more info.
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    At ~400 hours had injectors clean and calibrated by INTEGRITY Injection (by
    European Marine)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksnBobs View Post
    Not true..... europeanmarine has them for 107.15 (or somewhere in that ball park).

With that said, I too have one coming that is supposed to be an "OEM" part. I am questioning this as its not coming from here in the U.S. If I knew europeanmarine had them roughly the same price I paid (I think like $15 more), I would of just ordered through them, and still might get one coming just in case. Otherwise, I may just jump the sensor and leave it.
    thats a great price I paid somewhere around 250 for mine a few months ago . what ever the price the point is make sure its OEM

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdic View Post
    I just replaced my engine Mount Oil tank which I purchase from European Marine ( 80% of my parts come from E.M.) once installed, I was still receiving an alarm. Let me say this, there was no fault on the product I received from European Marine! What I found was that one of the pins pushing out of the connector going to the engine. Only OEM parts for me and I just turned 500 hours.
    What are these pins you speak of? At the electrical connection, like at one of the blue wires?

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Careful there- we don't quote parts prices on the forums because they change CONSTANTLY. Additionally, there are several dozen different oil tanks out there... some are considerably less expensive than others. And finally- make sure you're getting pricing from the SHOPPING CART and not from the parts catalog lines (which were original when catalog was written).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Careful there- we don't quote parts prices on the forums because they change CONSTANTLY. Additionally, there are several dozen different oil tanks out there... some are considerably less expensive than others. And finally- make sure you're getting pricing from the SHOPPING CART and not from the parts catalog lines (which were original when catalog was written).
    Didn't mean to cause any issues sir. It won't happen again as I just logged in and realized... YES I AM DEAD WRONG in my statement. I didn't add the part to the cart because I already had one on order. So after reading this, I just went and tried, and the price is closer to the $250 mark as mentioned in previous posts. Again, VERY SORRY, for this and it won't happen again.

What are these pins you speak of? At the electrical connection, like at one of the blue wires?
    Yes, the blue wire which would be male pins in electrical harness....I can text you a pic if needed.
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    European Marine)

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdic View Post
    Yes, the blue wire which would be male pins in electrical harness....I can text you a pic if needed.
    I would like to see this. My buddies engine still beeping and we kinda at a standstill at this point. Thanks

19. Member
    is sensor open or closed , vom meter tested

Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    I would like to see this. My buddies engine still beeping and we kinda at a standstill at this point. Thanks
    You have a Pm
    European Marine)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast