Thread: New update

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I fished 8 hrs today with no issues. All worked fine!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

In a weekend's use, no issues with the AT2 freezing; happened not even once. Also, my complaints about the shallow water performance have been resolved.

However, my SS3D would reboot often, causing an issue with map sharing, as the box is a pass-through for one MFD to others.

Looking forward to an SS3D update...

3. Member
    So they jacked up the AT1 and helped fix the AT2, genius.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    it did not for me.
    That is not what many of us were hoping to hear! I can't believe Lowrance didn't address this with this update!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

5. Member
    I fished all day today, no issues.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    That is not what many of us were hoping to hear! I can't believe Lowrance didn't address this with this update!
    been in the garage an hour doing hard resets and what not. Within 10-20 minutes it’ll go back to no source
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Everyone with issues related to AT1 did everyone update the AT1 Module or just MFD Units??????? If it was just units then finish the update job.

I updated both MFD's and AT1 module, was on water this weeknd for 6 hours or so, no freezes or lockups, etc (not that there were any before). Odd how it affects some users and not others.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I updated both MFD's and AT1 module, was on water this weeknd for 6 hours or so, no freezes or lockups, etc (not that there were any before). Odd how it affects some users and not others.
    I am betting it has to do with the different Live models (your Lives where not .37 software) that came with the .37 software!! Those units had that software installed from the factory because they had a different chip set from a different vendor.

10. Member
    I have not tried the new update because I have 2- Lives with .37 and my other 2- lives have the older software I believe it was 22.?.. Lowrance really has made a mess with all this.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I have not tried the new update because I have 2- Lives with .37 and my other 2- lives have the older software I believe it was 22.?.. Lowrance really has made a mess with all this.
    I just posted this on one of the other update post. The problem right now is the software that came loaded on AT2 was never on the lowrance site for us to download it to have to rollback to if the new update acts up. The newest live units that have the .37 load on them is also a nonexistent software so once it’s updated that’s your starting point now. There is no where at all to download the .37 to have as a backup. I wish there was a way to copy the software from the AT2 box and from the .37 live unit to a sd card so I could have a fall back version. I’m still hesitant to update anything for the moment.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Everyone with issues related to AT1 did everyone update the AT1 Module or just MFD Units??????? If it was just units then finish the update job.

I updated both, works for 2 hours or so and then the freezing starts. Once it starts, it wants to keep doing it. Thought maybe my module was hot, but it wasn’t very warm.

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I am betting it has to do with the different Live models (your Lives where not .37 software) that came with the .37 software!! Those units had that software installed from the factory because they had a different chip set from a different vendor.
    Could be, all four of mine are pre 37's, thank goodness.

On the Lowrance update source page, there are separate updates for AT1 and AT2, yet both updates have the same name and nomenclature, and the files are the exact same size.

Are the AT1 and AT2 updates identical, and interchangeable?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    On the Lowrance update source page, there are separate updates for AT1 and AT2, yet both updates have the same name and nomenclature, and the files are the exact same size.

By the looks of the update page they are identical so I’d say yes. Evidentially the big difference between AT1 and AT2 is power output and maybe some element arrangements in the transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

Who knows. The update for the Live and the Elite FS appear to be the same, the same name/number but the Elite will not boot up to update with the Live version. You have to use the Elite version for the Elite FS - with the exact same .upd version number. Why would Lowrance use the same names for these .upd's etc across different models, same for AT? Just confuses everyone and that leads to mistakes by the user. I have no idea how the techs trying to help customers would even begin to figure out which is which.
    Last edited by OBT; 05-31-2023 at 10:41 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

17. Member
    Both of my FS units updated via wifi, the console units works fine. The bow unit that has AT1 hooked to it works fine until I use AT and the the AT is severely delayed and is super slow. I have not did the hard reset like some in here have mentioned. I hope to get this figured out by the weekend as I have a big tournament to fish.

18. Member
    Used my Lowrance setup with upgrades applied for the first time today. 3 hours and I bagged it cause the fish are stupid. NOT ONE freeze or loss of bottom or anything. Never had that happen. Success!

Carbon 12 console, Carbon 9 bow, AT2, Point 1, NMEA, Ethernet. Did Carbon updates over wifi, AT2 on SD card. No Soft nor Hard resets, no restore defaults. My 2D and SS/DS sonars were also working properly. Shared map (C-map Reveal SE) no problems.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Well I guess I jinxed myself, had one of my AT1's lock up today after a few hours. Since I ran it most of the day the last time out without issues, maybe just a fluke, not sure. Had to power off/power on, which is annoying b/c it kills my map card due to how my units are networked, and also kills my Fusion for some reason too. I should probably move my etherent to the unit that uses the map most of the time anyway (instead of it being daisy chained off the the other bow unit.)

Anyway, If it happens again I'll just go back to previous version - the new palettes don't work that well for me in Florida anyway, way to much clutter compared to the "original" palettes.

EDIT - Couldn't recall but I don't think I reset after installing updates, so went out and did hard resets on all four units, maybe that was it.

Still, as mentioned if it happens again, back to v22 I'll go.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 06-04-2023 at 02:54 PM.

I have had no issues with my Lowrance side scan structure scan 3D 455khz while running my humminbird Solix 15 gen3 with mega. I did this update on my lives the other night and now my side scan on the right side for the Lowrance has a ton of interference. I have both transducers for Lowrance and bird under the jack plate. My left side Lowrance is perfect. Right side blown out with interference especially past 60ft and the bird mega side scan has no interference at all. Wondering if anyone else that runs both brands has noticed something similar.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast