Thread: New update

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Updated all my units and went smooth. No issues over wifi. My AT 1 works better than ever. More stable, crisper image. Love the new range and depth increment. Much eaier to follow my baits. Lowrance got it right, atleast for my set up, even with no SS3D upgrade. Im happy. For guys that are leary to update, don't be, you will love it!
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Would love to see a screenshot using the new blue!

forgive me for the bad water column we don’t have clear water here and everything distorts the return. #6 blue is still the best option.

AT1 w/carbon. The AT2 might be better, maybe.

IMG_7493.jpeg

IMG_7494.jpeg

3. Member
    I think both of these colors look good. I really love the way the blue pops. Thanks very much for posting!

4. Member
    hopefully blue will be easier to see in the sun

5. Member
    Got out for a short time this afternoon just to get a look at the new update. I’d just changed over from a AT1 to a 2 when the update came out so I never got to use the 2 as it came. This is connected to a Carbon 12 unit.
    It really seemed I could pick up my bait further out, 80 ft no problem to see. I do have my transducer set where I can see “ splash down”, but I was throwing a 6inch swim bait. I never noticed any stitching. Not saying there wasn’t any but don’t remember seeing any at all. All worked fine for about a hour and it froze. I let it sit there for a couple of minutes and it said no source. Again after maybe a minute or two I just set it to another page for maybe 30 seconds and went back to forward sonar. It started right back up and never acted up again although I only ran it about another 45 mins or so.
    Planning on getting out tomorrow for the day and we’ll see how that goes.
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Did the update fix the .37 versions sharing and networking issues that many people are experiencing?

mine Live went back to no source before i got to my first spot this morning.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Did the update fix the .37 versions sharing and networking issues that many people are experiencing?
    That is the REAL question! This is a MAJOR issue! I have Wednesday off so I will install the new software on my 4 Lives and AT 1 and give it a go! Wish me luck....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    That is the REAL question! This is a MAJOR issue! I have Wednesday off so I will install the new software on my 4 Lives and AT 1 and give it a go! Wish me luck....
    100% !!!!! I will be interested to hear how it goes!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

9. Member
    Look closely at the 2 pictures posted above of the new color pallets. The image no longer reaches all the way to the top of the screen. Where it shows menu on the top right side of the image used to be part of the active image. Please tell me I am wrong.

10. Member
    My mistake, please ignore

11. Member
    I got out with this update Saturday. Worked fine for me on all 3 of my HDS Live's. The unit never froze or went to a black screen. Previously I'd get the black screen 3-5 times per day. So that issue appears to be fixed.

I'm kinda indifferent on the Blue Pallet. I thought I would love it. But currently I am using the Number 5 pallet with Noise Rejection off. That pallet does a great job with removing the noise for me. But the blue pallet shows it vividly with noise rejection off. With Noise rejection on medium or high it hides most of the noise. But then I feel like I am missing out of some detail I would have otherwise. So I'm still experimenting with the it.

No doubt though, the blue pallet helps tremendously in the sunlight. Pallet number 5 is a pain when its super bright.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    I got out with this update Saturday. Worked fine for me on all 3 of my HDS Live's. The unit never froze or went to a black screen. Previously I'd get the black screen 3-5 times per day. So that issue appears to be fixed.

I'm kinda indifferent on the Blue Pallet. I thought I would love it. But currently I am using the Number 5 pallet with Noise Rejection off. That pallet does a great job with removing the noise for me. But the blue pallet shows it vividly with noise rejection off. With Noise rejection on medium or high it hides most of the noise. But then I feel like I am missing out of some detail I would have otherwise. So I'm still experimenting with the it.

No doubt though, the blue pallet helps tremendously in the sunlight. Pallet number 5 is a pain when its super bright.
    using filters like noise rejection also filters out fish signals. I run my AT2 noise off at 93% sensitivity. No Issues. If you have noise its from an external source like SS or sonar, Stop Sonar on everything except AT and see how much it clears up. I never have noise rejection on any sonar, SS or AT its a due loop turn up the Noise Rej turn up the Contrast it never ends and when the NOise rejection is on no matter what your contrast is set at you won't see as many fish targets. A little noise from over sensitivity is far better than a clean screen. Don't make it pretty make it perform.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    using filters like noise rejection also filters out fish signals. I run my AT2 noise off at 93% sensitivity. No Issues. If you have noise its from an external source like SS or sonar, Stop Sonar on everything except AT and see how much it clears up. I never have noise rejection on any sonar, SS or AT its a due loop turn up the Noise Rej turn up the Contrast it never ends and when the NOise rejection is on no matter what your contrast is set at you won't see as many fish targets. A little noise from over sensitivity is far better than a clean screen. Don't make it pretty make it perform.
    I agree with Basshopper. I do not use noise rejection. Noise is easily overlooked and a small price to pay for the added information I get by not using it. If I didn't want clutter (usually only when making a YouTube video) I stop sonar on all my transducers, especially SideScan and DownScan. Although this is a subject for a different thread, far too many judge their image quality by how little noise they see on their screen, and they treat the symptom with "noise rejection" rather than treating the cause of the noise.

Certainly using different pallets improves the image under different lighting and water clarity conditions, and as jeffreydavisjr suggests, one is usually superior to another at any point in time, but not always.
    ciao,
    Marc

14. Member
    Has the update fixed the Stop sonar option? First page or Programmable key ?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Has the update fixed the Stop sonar option? First page or Programmable key ?
    Nope.

Also don't use noise rejection, unless a very busy water column for some reason, ie pollen, etc. Update worked fine on my Lives and AT1, but the new palettes sure seem busier than the older ones... not sure if an increase in sensitivity with the update, or just b/c of the colors but both the blue and white had much more clutter on the screen than the other ones. I typically run Forward at 86%, I popped the filter on to see if any different, and it did clean it up some, but still was worse than the older ones. Maybe just too much debris in water column, I need to get somewhere deep and look at them again I think...

But otherwise, no issues with updates, other than still no Quick Button for AT :( and still no Orbit... but it's coming I guess.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Also don't use noise rejection, unless a very busy water column for some reason, ie pollen, etc. Update worked fine on my Lives and AT1, but the new palettes sure seem busier than the older ones... not sure if an increase in sensitivity with the update, or just b/c of the colors but both the blue and white had much more clutter on the screen than the other ones. I typically run Forward at 86%, I popped the filter on to see if any different, and it did clean it up some, but still was worse than the older ones. Maybe just too much debris in water column, I need to get somewhere deep and look at them again I think...

But otherwise, no issues with updates, other than still no Quick Button for AT :( and still no Orbit... but it's coming I guess.
    What about map sharing or transducer sharing over ethernet? Are those issues solved? No one seems to have the answer to that but many, including me have the problem with the .37 software! So the question has the new update taken care of these network problems?

18. Member
    What about map sharing or transducer sharing over ethernet? Are those issues solved? No one seems to have the answer to that but many, including me have the problem with the .37 software! So the question has the new update taken care of these network problems?
    it did not for me.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Sorry, mine are all pre .37 so can't help here. Hopefully someone will chime in with one of the newer Lives...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Sorry, mine are all pre .37 so can't help here. Hopefully someone will chime in with one of the newer Lives...
    I wish now I would of kept my dual Carbon setup at the console instead of upgrading with the Dual Lives. That stupid .37 software is a PITA!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast