Thread: New update

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQGeo View Post
    Installed the updates on my HDS12, Carbon, and AT2:

It appears they broke the function of the yellow wake-up wire. My AT2 powers up regardless if the yellow wire is connected to the HDS12 or not. When yellow wire is connected to the HDS12 the AT2 DOES NOT power down when the HDS12 is turned off....... and I waited a long time. Time for a separate switch I guess?
    I installed the Live and AT 2 updates this morning. My AT 2 yellow is hooked to the yellow from the Live, the AT 2 powered down within 30 seconds of powering down the Live.

2. Member
    Did the update fix the .37 versions sharing and networking issues that many people are experiencing?
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

3. Member
    New to Lowrance. I see that there are updates for the Live and for AT2. Do I need to install the update for the unit before I install the one for AT2 or does it matter? Thanks!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    New to Lowrance. I see that there are updates for the Live and for AT2. Do I need to install the update for the unit before I install the one for AT2 or does it matter? Thanks!
    I prefer to update the HDS first, and then the accessory boxes like AT. This video should help even though it is for the last update:

ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Did the update fix the .37 versions sharing and networking issues that many people are experiencing?
    i updated my carbon, .37 affected Live, and AT1 last night and left them on for over an hour and it did not lose source. Previously it would have lost source within 20 minutes.

hopefully it’ll work permanently. ��
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Marc,
    Great video. I really appreciate your response. Thanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Marc,
    Great video. I really appreciate your response. Thanks!
    You are welcome! Happy to help my BBC friends!
    ciao,
    Marc

Well I caved and installed them, wanted to see the new AT schemes :). Was supposed to go fishing this am but it was blowing, so will wait till tomorrow. Anyway, I might go out today and check on the yellow wire and screen issues some have mentioned and see if I can replicate.

Ok, sames as JustinP, no yellow wire issues - AT1 Module shuts down in sync with the HDS Live to which it's yellow wire is connected.

On the AT split screen, also same as I and others have posted, any split screen reduces the AT image area within the split to keep the resolution usable, ie not stretched out and distorted. Top/Bottom split will have most reduction, side by side has less but still has some reduction on top and bottom.

@Lexz521 - Not doubting you, but I think you might be the only user (at least on the board) that is not/was not experiencing this... would be interested in seeing a screenshot of your AT split after you revert back to previous version? Maybe something we all missed...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    There are 23.3 updates for Carbon, Live, Pro, AT1 and AT2.
    And the Elite FS units.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

11. Member
    Did it this morning. Had to wait for a No Source message to go away, lol. Once gone, I did the update and both units immediately found the AT2 and had no connection issues for 20-30 minutes. Module shut off when I turned off the console unit, so no issues with yellow wire.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    i updated my carbon, .37 affected Live, and AT1 last night and left them on for over an hour and it did not lose source. Previously it would have lost source within 20 minutes.

hopefully it’ll work permanently. ��
    What about sharing Navioncs/C-Map cards?

13. Member
    My Carbon, Live and AT1 work great. I'm probably going to wait a while for the update.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    What about sharing Navioncs/C-Map cards?
    i have a Cmap card in my carbon and the live has built in cmap. I can select to use the map card in the carbon on the Live but after a few minutes it’ll revert back to the preloaded charts. I read in the manual that the unit will select the source with the most detail If multiple options for the same brand are available.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    My Carbon, Live and AT1 work great. I'm probably going to wait a while for the update.
    I’m right there with you.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

16. Member
    I’m running carbons and an AT1, decided to do the update. I guess they were right about the split screen losing even more viewing area, not sure why they (Lowrance) did that. The new color palettes are nice, I don’t think they made any thing better, fish still seem to pop out more on the blue color; but these new ones might be beneficial at some point. I’m not sure about the “better bottom definition” thing, but overall, it is a decent update. I updated through wifi and it took my graph a few times to take the new update.

17. Member
    can you put both updates on a sd card at the same time without it causing an issue? i always but one update on the card then come back later delete and install the other update. no big issue for me but my fishing partner lives up the road and i have to make two trips to his house.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    can you put both updates on a sd card at the same time without it causing an issue? i always but one update on the card then come back later delete and install the other update. no big issue for me but my fishing partner lives up the road and i have to make two trips to his house.

Yes you can. The upd file for the mfd unit itself will install when you turn the unit on. Put the card in first before turning unit on. The riw file for the AT update has to be manually done by going to settings, storage, left or right card slot (if using a hds unit) where card is installed with update file on it and pick install.

You can also do both manually if you choose, just go to settings and storage and so on like I mentioned. The main one for the unit itself is easier by letting it see it during boot up.
    Last edited by Sleepy111; 05-28-2023 at 07:46 AM.

19. Member
    Thanks for these posts! Everything is updated via SD card. Looking forward to seeing my updated Lowrance Lives and AT1.

20. Member
    Would love to see a screenshot using the new blue!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast