Thread: New update

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I have always updated all my Lives.
    This time it seems like none of these updates would pertain to me unless I'm missing something.
    Especially if I don't have Active Target or an S3100 module.

2. Member
    I wanted to add that too am excited to see the updates and look forward to fishing them ASAP. Will report back.

3. Member
    Any gains with this update for at1?

4. Member
    Installed the updates on my HDS12, Carbon, and AT2:

It appears they broke the function of the yellow wake-up wire. My AT2 powers up regardless if the yellow wire is connected to the HDS12 or not. When yellow wire is connected to the HDS12 the AT2 DOES NOT power down when the HDS12 is turned off....... and I waited a long time. Time for a separate switch I guess?

UPDATE: I decided to break out the voltmeter and found something interesting. When my HDS12 Live powers up, it instantly raises the yellow trigger wire to the 12v supply and that indeed will trigger the AT2 to come alive. I was doing this in my garage with my boat's 3 bank NOCO Genius power supply plugged in (one bank charging the crank/electronics group31). If I turned off the NOCO Genius, everything works as it should, powering up and down. However, when NOCO was plugged in, the AT2 would NOT power down whan the HDS12 was turned off. I'm feeding the HDS12 from one fuse panel and the AT2 from another. Apparently, just enough resistance between the two panels resulted in about 20 millivolts on the yellow wire and that's enough to keep the AT2 powered up. I was wanting to put a separate switch on the AT2 anyway, so now was the time.

As far as operation, the update seems to have eliminated the "freezing" that I would see about every hour or so. On those freezes, I would observe the LEDs and it appears that the AT2 would reboot and continue to operate fine. I wouldn't start jumping on buttons; simply wait and in about a minute it would come alive. Probably some sort of memory leak or stack overflow and then NOS recovering itself.
    Last edited by ABQGeo; 06-04-2023 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Updating the info

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    Any gains with this update for at1?

AT1 is out of production which means no more updates. The same update for AT2 is for AT1 also.

6. Member
    I installed the new updates on my Carbon unit, and AT1 this morning. The Carbon update went fine, but I noticed when I went to install the AT1 update and selected the 23.3 update from my storage, it would come up and ask did I want to install a 22.1 version??? I ended up deleting the update from my card and trying to re-install, but still the same thing. I ended up calling Lowrance, and they said it was a glitch, but that it was really the newer updated version. So in other words, when you initiated the 23.3 AT1 install, it was asking to confirm you wanted to install a 22.1 version. The Lowrance tech guy had me go ahead and install what it was showing (22.1 - ???), and sure enough, when I went back and checked the version, it was all updated with the new stuff (color pallets, etc..). He said he was going to pass this on to the software team. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but if any of you had the AT1 freezing up issue after using the 360 scan, please share if this fixed it. Thanks all.

7. Member
    Just did the install and now I lost one inch of my screen top and bottom. This looks like another bug that was created with the update to fix the dead screen bug. Anyone else seeing this or am I just missing something.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    I have always updated all my Lives.
    This time it seems like none of these updates would pertain to me unless I'm missing something.
    Especially if I don't have Active Target or an S3100 module.
    It also applies to your Lives, and if you have any Carbons.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    I didn't see it in the notes for the software update. I am hoping it fixes the inability to share map cards from unit to unit. And no it is not a bad ethernet cable issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexz521 View Post
    Just did the install and now I lost one inch of my screen top and bottom. This looks like another bug that was created with the update to fix the dead screen bug. Anyone else seeing this or am I just missing something.
    I lost the same on side image

11. Member
    I was gonna update my units this morning but got sidetracked. Looks like it was a blessing in disguise.

12. Member
    Just got off phone with Lowrance. They say there is not a fix yet to fix this problem the latest fix caused. Said I will just have to roll back to previous version if I want to use a split screen.
    To be clear in AT screen only I have a full screen but on any split screens the AT screen shrinks.

13. Member
    I'm seeing the same after the update. If I select only the AT display, it uses the full screen. However, if I split it, it shrinks it down the AT (top and bottom). My unit is an AT1 system.

Quote Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
    I'm seeing the same after the update. If I select only the AT display, it uses the full screen. However, if I split it, it shrinks it down the AT (top and bottom). My unit is an AT1 system.
    I'm confused, hasn't it always done that (resizing the image when using a split screen). Folks have been complaining about that on here since AT1 came out it seems...

eg this thread from a while back... https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1201964
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-26-2023 at 06:28 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexz521 View Post
    Just got off phone with Lowrance. They say there is not a fix yet to fix this problem the latest fix caused. Said I will just have to roll back to previous version if I want to use a split screen.
    To be clear in AT screen only I have a full screen but on any split screens the AT screen shrinks.

AT has ALWAYS shrunk in its window when you use it in a split screen setup. Even adjusting the split screen size it would never fill its box up 100% this is not a new problem.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    AT has ALWAYS shrunk in its window when you use it in a split screen setup. Even adjusting the split screen size it would never fill its box up 100% this is not a new problem.
    I guess Im just one old dumb fart. I've been using a split screen since AT 1 came out and was one of the first to get AT 2 and continued to use the split screen and never did notice it had gotton smaller. Now just when I update to the new fix I all of a sudden just now notice my screen has gotton a lot smaller. So if I roll back to the previous version and my screen size comes back to what I have been used to seeing for the last 3 years the maybe Im not such a dumb fart after all.

maybe we are not talking about the same thing... here is image from thread I linked... it's Horizontal split, which is worst case for AT, adding black space on right and left as it shrinks the image to display correctly in the split - that is, not oddly stretched out. Vertical split is better, but still shrinks the image to fit the resolution required to display AT image correct, that is it adds the black space on top and bottom of image... Is this simlar to what you are seeing?

18. Member
    I had No Source today more than an image. Was trying to image a flooded island on Scout mode. Needless to say, it was impossible. Hope these updates help.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    It also applies to your Lives, and if you have any Carbons.
    Marc, I see that it updates the Lives.
    I just don't see where these updates would apply to me not having Active Target and the module.
    Should I update it anyway?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    maybe we are not talking about the same thing... here is image from thread I linked... it's Horizontal split, which is worst case for AT, adding black space on right and left as it shrinks the image to display correctly in the split - that is, not oddly stretched out. Vertical split is better, but still shrinks the image to fit the resolution required to display AT image correct, that is it adds the black space on top and bottom of image... Is this simlar to what you are seeing?

IMG_1867.jpeg
    This is how my split screen looks after the update. Before it took up the whole screen.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast