Changes in the Eyra Model from 2017-2023

It is my understanding that the hull has not changed, but have there been changes to the Eyra top cap in the last 6 years? I’m looking to buy a used Eyra, just not sure if there are layout changes I should look out for. It would be helpful to see the evolution of the top caps, even the small changes by year.
    Lake Shasta Record Spotted Bass: 9.63lbs

2. Member
    2017 brought new latches for the live wells/ice chest which helped reduce heat penetration through the latch mechanisms and a separate lid for the day box up front.

2021-1/2– new larger livewell lid openings; larger rear storage openings with access to power pole pumps through a small triangle shaped lid next to rear storage boxes.
    — Major upgrade was a molded in with the cap seat pan instead of the separate bolted in set pan which gives you a more solid feel plus real dry storage under the seats and molded in cup holders in the right spots as well.
    —The main ice chest step up to the front deck was improved with removal of the cup holders which were another heat penetration issue and increased capacity due to removal. A change in the sandwich side which should eliminate water being trapped with no drain.
    —Also a reflex flooring option for the cockpit became available around this time.

There were a few other upgrades that slip my mind but these are the major ones. I’m sure BCB will be along to correct any errors I may have stated inaccurately.

These changes were all well thought out and welcome changes to those of us who own/owned an Eyra platform. BCB has addressed just about every issue I have had with my Eyra’s with the changes in 2021-1/2 layout upgrades. They listen to those that have experiences with their rigs!!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

3. Member
    I can tell you this, whatever they did, I love my Eyra. I have 23 hours on my 2023 Eyra and man is it an awesome boat. Night and day difference from the lynx I had.

4. Member

The small compartment to the left of the ice chest has been removed.

5. Member

6. Member
    I just bought a 2021 Eyra and yes all those improvements were great. This boat is the most well thought out boat layout on the market.
    2021 Bass Cat Eyra w/ 300 Mercury Pro XS

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    2017 brought new latches for the live wells/ice chest which helped reduce heat penetration through the latch mechanisms and a separate lid for the day box up front.

2021-1/2– new larger livewell lid openings; larger rear storage openings with access to power pole pumps through a small triangle shaped lid next to rear storage boxes.
    — Major upgrade was a molded in with the cap seat pan instead of the separate bolted in set pan which gives you a more solid feel plus real dry storage under the seats and molded in cup holders in the right spots as well.
    —The main ice chest step up to the front deck was improved with removal of the cup holders which were another heat penetration issue and increased capacity due to removal. A change in the sandwich side which should eliminate water being trapped with no drain.
    —Also a reflex flooring option for the cockpit became available around this time.

There were a few other upgrades that slip my mind but these are the major ones. I’m sure BCB will be along to correct any errors I may have stated inaccurately.

These changes were all well thought out and welcome changes to those of us who own/owned an Eyra platform. BCB has addressed just about every issue I have had with my Eyra’s with the changes in 2021-1/2 layout upgrades. They listen to those that have experiences with their rigs!!
    Pretty much sums it up!!! I have a 21.5 model year Eyra and its a slick machine, I love the layout and the rear storage. I dont use the power pole pump access holes because I have the MK raptors but the little storage boxes in the rear of the boat make or great pump locations. All in all, the changes were definitely an upgrade from 2017, worth it!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PushinWeightBaits View Post

The small compartment to the left of the ice chest has been removed.

WOO HOO!!!!

I had a 2021 it was my favorite to drive, and the seating/ floor pan allowed to push yourself back in the seat more so than other models. Also was the best to get out on the nose for jerk bait fishing/ skipping docks where your rods going to be lower... If you can find one with the 2021.5 revisions thats what I would be after with the 4s. I always wanted the day box up front, but some did say the pre 2018's had a bit more room for life vest and bulky items on the rf side.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

10. Member
    2019+ gets you the day box

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama.Bassmaster View Post
    2019+ gets you the day box
    My 2018 has it too..

I ordered a 2021 and miss the upgrades to the top cap by a couple months! Just my luck!