Thread: Boat care

Boat care

What are you guys using when coming out of the water and in between waxing to take care of your bird.

2. Member
    Since I swapped to chemical guys hydroslick wax taking care of my black boat became a heck of alot easier.
    Cooler temps all I need is a damp microfiber. In summer months I like hot sauce for waterspots and quickie sauce spray wax to prolong time between full waxing.

3. Member
    at ramp wipe down engine and then boat it want take 5 minutes..... then when you get home bow to stern BTS product..... it works great and protects fiberglass and seats and works on cowling and trim... great buy

4. Member
    Bass Boat Saver is an amazing product. Made by Paul Browning in Indiana
    give it a try. You won’t be sorry

5. Member
    I just use distilled water for wipe down. I use ProTec 2-3 times a year

I use the McGuire wax products a couple times a year. We wipe it down when it comes out of the water. I used the McGuire spray after we get home and I use Hot Sauce to remove the water spots on the motor - which works really well.

7. Member
    I second this. I’ve been really pleased with this product after applying Hydroslick wax.

I see a product online called Hydroslick for cars, but a Hydroselix for boats.

There are a lot of decent quick waxes. The game changer for me was getting my PHX ceramic coated. That combined with a quick ceramic detailing spray has cut my cleaning time to 1/3 of what it used to be.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKTB View Post
    Bass Boat Saver is an amazing product. Made by Paul Browning in Indiana
    give it a try. You won’t be sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    There are a lot of decent quick waxes. The game changer for me was getting my PHX ceramic coated. That combined with a quick ceramic detailing spray has cut my cleaning time to 1/3 of what it used to be.
    What product is that?

12. Member
    Bass boat saver

13. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I was a fan of BBS (still like it) when I come off the water and then BTS after I fully wash the boat. I came across "Boat Juice" saying it would remove water spots while cleaning and giving me the nice shine when you come off the water. I now have 2 spray bottles of Boat Juice Exterior Boat Cleaner in the boat exclusively. I just got back from Ontario after a 7-day smallie/pike smack down and washed the boat with marine soap and applied a good coat of BTS. When I put it in the garage the LED lights revealed many deep water spots and other stuff from all the fish handling over the side of the boat. All those areas cleaned right up with boat juice, spray on, wait a few seconds, wipe, and gone. Amazon has it in quarts and gallons. It even cleans the SS strip on the top of the transom. Something I always had to use water spot remover on constantly. Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Will have to check - not sure of the brand.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

I don't touch mine until I get home. Then it gets wiped down with Boat Bling Hot Sauce. This stuff removes water spots great even on the black and leaves a nice slick, shinny surface.

https://blingsauce.com/products/hot-sauce

Walmart carries it

16. Member
    Went with a gallon of BTS for $60 we will se how that goes. Thanks guys!!!!

17. Member
    I started using 303 Graphene, water seems to just sheet off it and it cuts way down on scum being able to hold onto it. Not to much water staying on the boat now when I pull out so I just hit it real quick with an absorber towel and go.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite