250 pro xs 2 stroke to 4 stroke prop ?

So was running 18 pro xs 250 2 stroke with a bravo xs 26p.so running 5800 rpm @ 74mph , good out the whole. Now I have 23 4stroke 250 pro xs same prop but I had to plug all 8 holes for a whole shot I can live with not bad but only 5600 rpm @ 70 mph, I have tried _25p fury 3 , bad whole shot but gained 200 rpm but didn't gain any speed , still 70 I tried a 24 p fury 3 same as 25p hole shot, but I did get 6200rpm needed but still 70 mph so no gain in speed which I just dont understand didn't really feel slipping . so I'm lost should I find a 4 blade 24 I'm lost trying to get my speed back and whole shot

2. Member
    Try a 25" bravo xs

3. Member
    What boat?

4. Member
    I run a big o

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    I run a big o
    I have a Lake & Bay backwater (same hull). The Bravo XS are fastest on my boat, I think you just need less pitch. Also the bravo's like to run high on the 4 strokes, if you have a hydraulic jackplate, run it and run the motor much higher......watch water pressure.

6. Member
    Yea I've tried some props and so far my xs is still the best I would like to try a xs with less pitch ,I've noticed I can trim up alot more without a big roost, its ruff to do on a poor boy especially if you run a bravo.

7. Member
    The 4 stroke TM's also like to run much higher at WOT than mid range I've found out. So get going WOT and trimmed right where you get best speed, and then start jacking and jacking the jackplate, keep an eye on water pressure and keep it above 10 psi. If you have a TM on the bow, you're going to need to trim more. If my boat is heavier TM on bow, full fuel, then WOT sometimes im trimming 42-44 on the vessel view (i also have 5 degree negative wedges), lighter fuel no TM on the bow much less trim 22-32, depending on actual fuel etc. But WOT it likes several inches higher on the jackplate than mid range.

Generally they are 2p lower but since you were already low on rpm I would goto a 23
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS