115hp opti fuel issue???

2015 115hp Mercury optimax proxs
    Serial# 2b018514
    68 hr total on motor

was on the lake yesterday ,ran the no wake an my motor sounded strange but when I got to main lake
    she jumped up and ran perfect down the lake did not record rpm’s unfortunately but when I got off plane and
    started graphing the motor seemed to be skipping so I put in neutral an tried to bring the rpm’s up but she started
    breaking up spitting and sputtering,after doing this the third time I got a steady beep alarm.
    after fishing about 45 min I fig I better get back to the launch but when I started the boat the motor sounded ok so jumped up and ran 53@ 5100 rpm back to no wake,before putting on the trailer again tried to rev the motor in nuetral and again it would just break up,

new fuel lines and putting new bulb today can I get some help diagnosing?

2. Member
    What is maintenance history, spark plugs in particular? FYI, should never rev an Optimax out of gear, sets neutral overspeed faults in the PCM.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    ^^^^^+1,, do a spark test when problem is occurring
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    66 hr I don’t think plugs were change,I have them orderd changed all filter and primer bulb

5. Member
    The service intervals in this topic, which apply to all Optimax engines, will help you keep that engine running right. Most service intervals are annual or 100hrs whichever comes first - Recommended Annual Maintenance or Winterization for Optimax Engines

There are several other very helpful Optimax related topics in the FAQ sections at the top of the 2.5 & 3L forums.

Spark plug info here - Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax