Garmin Perspective mode settings

Let's hear your tips, tricks, and settings. I have seen some videos where guys have pretty good and clear images. I can't seem to get mine figured out... Which irritates me because I'm a guru when it comes to forward.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Let's hear your tips, tricks, and settings. I have seen some videos where guys have pretty good and clear images. I can't seem to get mine figured out... Which irritates me because I'm a guru when it comes to forward.
    One thing you have to remember is that it isn't 360. You are going to get a beautiful crystal clear image most of the time. I think most of the demo videos with good images are generally harder bottom with some defined structure like a house foundation to make the image really pop for their video
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    For me the fine tunine is very much like side imaging. It's easy to see the fish betwen the boat and where the bottom shows up. When the background of the bottom comes into play the tuning becomes more delicate to get a contrast between the fish and the bottom. Of course you already know a moving target is a dead giveaway. When you see moving targets that are the same contrast and brightness as the bottom, that's your key to experiment with the settings. The amber palette works best for me. I'm sure you'll work this out quickly. You do have to know your water well enough to know you are in a area where the fish are.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 05-26-2023 at 09:45 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Thank you. I'll keep fine tuning and see how it goes. I'm gonna spend some time matching my 360 to my perspective to adjust against.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

5. Member
    With that setup, one trip will probably do it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.