Today's Bible Reading May 25 2023

New Testament: KJV
    Genesis

1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
    2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
    3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
    4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
    5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
    7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
    8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
    9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
    10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
    11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
    12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
    13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
    14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.
    15 And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
    16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
    17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
    18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
    19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.
    20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.
    22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
    23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
    24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
    25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.
    26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
    27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
    28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
    29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
    30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.
    31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
    32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

How come we know plenty of societies survived through this alleged flood and never recorded anything about it? Do you believe the earth is 6000 years old?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    How come we know plenty of societies survived through this alleged flood and never recorded anything about it? Do you believe the earth is 6000 years old?
    Might i suggest looking at scientists that are not atheists, naturalists or materialists. They are obviously biased, as you would claim of those scientists that differ. Can we agree it is always good to listen to both sides of a debate? Our education system only teaches naturalism
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I have never found anything that had a date written on it, but some speculation by someone telling you that their testing says otherwise.
    Where did you find in scripture that says the earth is 6K yrs old??

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Do you see a date in this sentence anywhere? yet God was very detailed with everything else that follows.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I have never found anything that had a date written on it, but some speculation by someone telling you that their testing says otherwise.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Do you see a date in this sentence anywhere? yet God was very detailed with everything else that follows.
    I will bite! :) according to the lineage from Adam, man has been around 6k ish. Here is where the naturalists lean on radio metric dating, which I would suggest taking a deep dive into. The christian that wants to hold to naturalistic points will focus on "eras" from the hebrew word "yom".

To my knowledge there isn’t a date anywhere but that hasn’t stopped the young earth crowd.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    I will bite! :) according to the lineage from Adam, man has been around 6k ish.............................focus on "eras" from the hebrew word "yom".
    If you are looking at it starting from Adam, I will accept that we are around 6K yrs old +- 1K, however, Adam happens after this very first sentence "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." in which there is no date reference of any kind, though God is very detailed with everything that follows it. I have found this sentence very perplexing from the very first time I read the bible, which is many yrs ago.

8. Member
    If you are looking at it starting from Adam, I will accept that we are around 6K yrs old +- 1K, however, Adam happens after this very first sentence "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." in which there is no date reference of any kind, though God is very detailed with everything that follows it. I have found this sentence very perplexing from the very first time I read the bible, which is many yrs ago.
    Back to the word "yom" which is a 24 hour period. The "then" in verse 3 ties 1 and 2 to it. Then exodus mentions creation being 7 days. The basic reading of the text start the clock with gen 1:1. No argument that there are different views like you mention with the gap

9. Member
    Back to the word "yom" which is a 24 hour period. The "then" in verse 3 ties 1 and 2 to it. Then exodus mentions creation being 7 days. The basic reading of the text start the clock with gen 1:1. No argument that there are different views like you mention with the gap
    I look at God's way of giving details about many things, even very small measurements needed in building the Ark of the Covenant, the worship tent, and the temple of Solomon.
    When I read the first 3 sentences in Genesis in my NKJV, in my opinion, the first sentence is intended to stand alone, and God's work starts from the point where He looks upon the earth and the heavens surrounding it, and starts His works of repairing what is there from whatever caused it to became into a state of total degradation.

It makes me wonder, that by our foolishness, we may cause some catastrophe to the point of obliterating back to "the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."
    I pray that God would be merciful to prevent us from self destruction.

10. Member
    Dig,
    I am not disagreeing with your theory. I don't hold to it, but many do. This has always been argued in creationist circles. When i mentioned the adam family tree, i was focusing on man being on earth for 6k years in response to rds. The earth and sun being young are another debate which i have learned is not far fetched :)

11. Member
    Do a pert formula for the population growth rate of the world. As an example, let's say everyone died on earth except 2 people in afghanistan. With their current population growth rate, we could have 8 billion people on earth in 800 years. That is easy and clear scientific proof that the 6k years is feasible

Do a pert formula for the population growth rate of the world. As an example, let's say everyone died on earth except 2 people in afghanistan. With their current population growth rate, we could have 8 billion people on earth in 800 years. That is easy and clear scientific proof that the 6k years is feasible
    Except it totally disregards genetics. Look at the Hapsburg.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

13. Member
    Except it totally disregards genetics. Look at the Hapsburg.
    First, what does population growth have to do with genetics? I was pointing to total number and if 6k could make sense more than a long period. Now that you see that evidence, i am happy to touch on genetics. Start a thread and let's take a deep dive, so we aren't stepping on Dig

First, what does population growth have to do with genetics? I was pointing to total number and if 6k could make sense more than a long period. Now that you see that evidence, i am happy to touch on genetics. Start a thread and let's take a deep dive, so we aren't stepping on Dig
    It’s not evidence because it wouldn’t work. Starting with 2 people like in your example doesn’t provide for enough genetic variation for a healthy population.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

15. Member
    It’s not evidence because it wouldn’t work. Starting with 2 people like in your example doesn’t provide for enough genetic variation for a healthy population.
    That is applicable if you are looking at it with today's corrupted genetic lines, but not with what God started with a pure uncorrupted genetic line he had started. Look at the life span of the early forefathers in scripture, they lives hundreds of yrs without any disease. Todays mutations and diseases are all man causes or created. Think C-19 man created in China.

16. Banned
    New Testament: KJV
    Genesis

1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
    2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
    3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
    4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
    5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
    7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
    8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
    9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
    10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
    11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
    12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
    13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
    14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.
    15 And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
    16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
    17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
    18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
    19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.
    20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.
    22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
    23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
    24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
    25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.
    26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
    27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
    28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
    29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
    30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.
    31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
    32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.
    Ever wonder who wrote this, and where did the author of these verses get this kind of information?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Ever wonder who wrote this, and where did the author of these verses get this kind of information?
    In those days before scrolls were written, history was passed down verbally. All the Torah writing is attributed to Moses, but if you look at the geneology, you can see that many lived multiple generations, therefore, they told their story first hand. I recall my grandfather telling us stories of our family, which was passed on to my father and most of it was passed on to my sister, since she is better at remembering everything and everyone. Most in my family lived in their 90's which is nothing compared to Adam or Methuselah 900+ yrs.

18. Member
    It is absolute evidence :) how do you as an atheistic, evolutionist answer the genetic problem? Again, the point was if the population number makes sense and it does.