Ultrex spot lock

I am having an issue with my ultrex when I put it on spot lock the trolling motor will move back and forth constantly like it’s trying to find the spot I have already changed the gps head in my trolling motor does anyone have any other ideas of what could be causing this?

Adjust the "Boat Scale" in the settings on your remote

The motor is doing what is called "Hunting" because the boat scale is set to high

The setting tells the motor what size/weight your boat is and how much force to apply when in spot lock

Most use a -2 but you will have to find the setting that works for your boat

If the boat begins to drift to much turn the scale up a little
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Ok I will look at that tonight when I get home and probably charge my remote since I don’t ever use it

4. Member
    Different motor, I have a Terrova, and this is very frustrating. It seems to me that after recent firmware updates the motor forgets the boat scale setting whenever it is turned off and reverts to +2. Spot lock can sometimes almost throw me off the front deck by aggressively correcting position, as my setting needs to be -2. I don't like using the touch screen remote and instead use the micro remote. Humminbird should at least add a setting to the networked depthfinders for boat scale. I get that it would be somewhat complicated with 2 depthfinders.

5. Member
    Well it makes me feel better that it’s just a setting instead of another 1k board in this trolling motor

Wind is your friend. Point the Ultrex into the wind and hit spot lock. In slick water, stay off spot lock- it will act stupid and hunt.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

7. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Wind is your friend. Point the Ultrex into the wind and hit spot lock. In slick water, stay off spot lock- it will act stupid and hunt.
    Exactly. And ALWAYS turn spot lock off before taking a leak off the front deck.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    Different motor, I have a Terrova, and this is very frustrating. It seems to me that after recent firmware updates the motor forgets the boat scale setting whenever it is turned off and reverts to +2. Spot lock can sometimes almost throw me off the front deck by aggressively correcting position, as my setting needs to be -2. I don't like using the touch screen remote and instead use the micro remote. Humminbird should at least add a setting to the networked depthfinders for boat scale. I get that it would be somewhat complicated with 2 depthfinders.
    My ultrex starting doing that after I hooked link up. I have found if I kill the power to the motor with the on/off switch at the battery and leave the switch on at the foot pedal. It does not reset itself. I got thrown in the lake the first time mine did it.