Ultrex Spot Lock and Autopilot buttons wouldn't work

Yesterday my spot lock and autopilot buttons wouldn't work (so both on the right side of the pedal). No beep no light, nothing. Everything else worked fine. Took off the plate and fiddled around with the board which might have been a little loose and they started working. Judging by the screws I'd say this board has been previously replaced (bought the motor used).

Would adding a lock washer on the two screws that hold the board to the plate help keep it in place if it was loose?

OR

Is this an indication (if it wasn't loose, again I really don't know I just took stuff apart) that the board is going bad?

2. Member
    Wait and see, those 2 functions require the gps to be working. A loose plug might cause a gps issue. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Wait and see, those 2 functions require the gps to be working. A loose plug might cause a gps issue. Bob
    It was in an area I've fished before where I know I get a GPS signal and my mapping was working on the Garmin. I would think that regardless of GPS signal I would have gotten a light or beep when I hit the buttons. Anyway was just trying to figure out if I should just order a new board.

4. Member
    The main control board has to be aligned correctly for both of those buttons to work correctly. The two screws on the bottom plate usually do not come loose if they are tightened correctly. Snugg is all it takes. If you do not feel confident with that just apply a small amount of blue loctite.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    The main control board has to be aligned correctly for both of those buttons to work correctly. The two screws on the bottom plate usually do not come loose if they are tightened correctly. Snugg is all it takes. If you do not feel confident with that just apply a small amount of blue loctite.
    That's what it was. I put in a couple of small lock washers and it's been fine since.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    That's what it was. I put in a couple of small lock washers and it's been fine since.