Any good alternitives to carpet?

Doing a restroation on my 2004 TR-19. More than likely will have the carpet replaced. But i have seen some videos of people using foam products (EVA foam) etc. Any suggestions or photos?

2. Member
    Seadek or Hydroturf are the ones I have heard of. A friend has hydroturf in his boat. Its great if you are standing all day.

3. Member
    I have SeaDek and love it. I bought full sheets, made my patterns, cut it and installed myself. You can see it in my Blazer Restoration Post

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1022839

4. Member
    I looked into seadek for the cockpit area but went with carpet. some of reviews I found said it would freeze over in cold climates. I fish in winter.

I had Aquatraction installed in my cockpit area a couple of years ago. I do like it but it is a bear to keep clean. I scrub it with a bristle brush after almost every fishing trip. This past winter I had new carpet installed in the rest of the boat. EVA foam has pros and cons just like carpet
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

6. Member
    ^ My experience as well.

7. Member
    I just posted a update to my restoration using hydroturf in the bass boat restoration. the original pics are here Triton restoration - Google Photos I don't think I will use carpet ever again. I highly recommend the hydroturf.

8. Member
    A buddy of mine has a 90s Champ and put turf on the decks got it from the school he works at when they put the new stuff down. FYI it was very heavy....
    2020 Xpress H20B, Yamaha 115SHO.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 44automag View Post
    I just posted a update to my restoration using hydroturf in the bass boat restoration. the original pics are here Triton restoration - Google Photos I don't think I will use carpet ever again. I highly recommend the hydroturf.
    That’s nice.
    1999 BassCat Pantera - 2000 Mercury Optimax 150