Hello, to all.
I am doing something to my 1996 Skeeter zx180 we use to call I.R.A.N. in the military. Inspect & Repair As Necessary
The boat laid unused for the past 5 years while I suffered through some physical challenges and now that I am on the road to a full recovery can't wait to get my Skeeter back on the water flogging the weeds for bass!!
Anyway. Everything is pretty much done, except that the bilge is fairly inaccessible. I found numerous hampers of chipmunk detritus throughout the boat and have it pretty well cleaned out except I am concerned about the bilge. It appeared easy enough to pull the gas tank while the batteries were out which would give me full access to the bilge pump, et cetera. Well, MURPHY'S LAW is well and attacking head on!! The damned gas tank is 3/8" longer than the opening!!!!
I even drilled out the pop rivets and removed the trim around the opening. NO JOY!!
Anybody with an clever ideas besides a Sawzall?!?!!?

I am guessing that it likely was placed before the cap was put on. Was trying to do this alone with rope and slip knots, Rolling reefer and Bowlin i.e. marlinspike seamanship. Very old school and too impatient to wait for help... Now waiting on more muscle help.
1.) Twenty-seven-year-old boat. After the chipmunk fiasco, and the longevity I figured the bilge was a mess of whatever. Thought it would be easy enough to pop the tank out. WRONG!

2. Unfortunately noticed some small cracks around the filler neck location, likely will flood tank with water and Sawzall the thing out. I am a retiree and won't need such a big tank anyway. I have seen some perfectly adequate replacement tanks for under $200.

Bilge worse than expected! So glad I checked before hitting the water!!!

Any of you guys have used PoliGlow for finish maintenance?

I have and the results are fantastic and a lot easier than buffing and polishing.

It is easy to prep for, easy to apply with a damp chamois applicator. Requires 4 to 6 coats that dry quickly. The following pictures are after just the third coat! ONE CAVEAT = DON'T LET IT SIT IN CONTAIINER IN A PLACE WHERE IT CAN FREEZE!! Ruins the whole bottle. I have used one 320z bottle to cover a 28 foot sailboat! These pics are of my Skeeter.

Above after one coat.

Removed and replaced logos. Sanded sides to even out gelcoat. Before sanding picture.
As boat sat in the weather for 5 years, I used 1000 grit with a jitterbug, then 400 grit.

after just three coats!

A minimal amount of upkeep usually requires one or two coats at the most yearly just before season. No need to sand!! Just wash off well with soapy water, I use a Scotchbrite pad to make sure adhered junk is removed and then a coat or two will do it!!