Question ENGINE DATA ON SOLIX

Hello, I have recently installed 2 Solix units in my boat which are networked via NEMA 2000 gateway. I also installed a EMU1 Engine data gateway connected to the NEMA 2000 network. So far I was able to pull RPMs, Fuel Level, and Oil Pressure to display correctly on the both Solix unit dash display. I am however struggling with Engine temperature. On the dash view there is no temperature reading at all however, in the Engine Data side panel it reads perfectly. I am stumped where to find this data input for the temperature in the Solix unit. In the source data I use ENGINE(1) which pulls all the inputs I have set up in the EMU1. My Instance is 0 which applies to all inputs. I Have tried ENGINE(2) and ENGINE(3) but to no avail. I have the EMU1 reader which gives a live view of the inputs and I can see the engine temperature there as well. It is only the Dash VIEW that I can not get this to display.

Anyone have experience with this kind of setup?

Thanks

2. Member
    Uhhh what motor and year..?

3. Member
    Well its a 2011 Glastron Gt185 but the motor / engine is not the issue. I can see all the data on the side panel but not the engine temperature on the gauge display

Quote Originally Posted by Brewfixer View Post
    Well its a 2011 Glastron Gt185 but the motor / engine is not the issue. I can see all the data on the side panel but not the engine temperature on the gauge display
    Not all motors transmit data the same way. What type of motor matters greatly.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

If you are setting up a custom dashboard for the engine data, my guess would be that you are choosing the wrong data input. I know that the verbiage on the Humminbird units isn't always the same as the engine mfg or the smartcraft guage. On my Solix 12, my 2012 Pro XS coolant temp shows an engine temp (1) designation on my Solix unit. Not sure if that helps you any??

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    perhaps the only thing i have not tried is setting up different instances for the temp. I will try this weekend to see if that makes a difference. I tried all engine temperature related selections on the solix to no avail how ever it is still boggling that it does show on the side panel as engine temp and very accurate but not on the gauge panel view. I am still new to the solix so i still don't know what input the side panel temperature is pulling from and if I can select that input.

7. Member
    Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same exact problem