Couple questions about sd card and AC

Sorry this has prob been discussed. I couldn’t find my answers on here or YouTube.

so I have a 106sv and lvs34 I installed in April. Everything good with those and AC and updating.

I just added a 93sv to console to replace old lowrance.

for the life of me I can’t get it to joint the existing garmin Wi-Fi. Is it cause I forgot to purchase another sd card? Or do they need to be hard connect with cable?

Do the sd cards need to stay in the units or only when updating? Can I share cards to update. I can get one tomorrow just trying get this finished.

thanks.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

2. Member
    One AC card. The units are networked with a cable. The WiFi is for connecting to your phone. Leave the AC card in the unit. If the units are connected with a cable, then the AC update will update both of them.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    thanks.

so no way to add the new unit to network without the cable. or would have to have it own wifi network to update.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

4. Member
    I just went through this with two new 93sv uhd2's networked wirelessly and updated them via AC. I has the SD card in one, nothing in the other, and ran the update. It looked like it was updating both at the same time, however only the one with the SD card actually loaded the update. The other one went through the motions of looking like it was loading the update, but when it was restarted it remained on the old version. Had to put the card in that unit and update via AC for it to work.

5. Member
    So if you have a card in one and previously done an update but a new one is out, you can just use AC and do one unit and then the other by placing the SD card in both units?

6. Member
    Buy the Garmin network cable! You will be happy you did because then what you see on one screen you can see on the other. Livescope, sidescan, maps, waypoints, etc. But if you just want to update the unit you can grab a cheap cat5 network cable from your local building center and use it then remove it when done. A previous post on here says the Garmin cables are terminated a little different so you may lose some functionality if using the cheap one all the time but I have successfully updated with one.
    Todd Kress
    1993 150HP XRI 17 pitch worked Tempest Plus
    OD232323
    1993 Procraft 200 combo

7. Member
    I got the garmin cable arriving tomorrow
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns