Thread: nvda

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

nvda

Blow out earnings, up big after hrs.
    Too late to get in?

2. Member
    A stock like that you never know when it is too late to get in. This AI thing though reminds me of the internet boom.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    On the conference call they said they are in year 1 of a 10 year cycle.
    They mentioned ADBE and NOW

NVDA is a good reminder of PE is a worthless metric for a growing company. It was trading at a PE of 174 before the earnings. Am I buying NVDA? no, but I am adding to MSFT and playing some ADBE for a trade.

I would do some diligence before chasing NVDA up here. But when you see moves like this, and the company gives guidance like that, it's usually not the top.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Changed my mind, I bought some. I'm not the biggest fan of Meet Kevin but, this is a good video

Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Thanks for the video. I had invested a small portion of my investments (high risk) in NVDA earlier this year. Now I find that it is carrying the more conservative portion.
    Wishing I had more!

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Theres a part in the conference call where they describe the world's data center infrastructure is a trillion $ market growing $250billion per year. Nearly the entire current infrastructure is based on old tech that will need to be replaced.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Sounds like I may need to adjust some things and take more risk. I am still a novice at this stock thing.
    Don't use an adviser. Just winging it, and too old to think long term. lol
    My heirs will probably just blow through it anyway.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It's fascinating listening to the bull bear debate on NVDA. The bears are more bearish now than they were before the earnings call. They are making the same arguments as the TSLA, AMZN, AAPL bears made years ago. Comparisons to Cisco of the 90s. Thats a fair comparison, but are we CSCO in 1998 or 2000
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Theres a part in the conference call where they describe the world's data center infrastructure is a trillion $ market growing $250billion per year. Nearly the entire current infrastructure is based on old tech that will need to be replaced.
    yes, what blew my mind was essentially he said today the user base is 90:10 cpu:gpu and that we are in the midst of that flipping.

Wow, I'm just now aware of the price jump after noticing my portfolio had a nice boost today. I bought at $204 in July '21 and it was down to $112 last October, and now it's sitting at $379. I was influenced to buy because of chip shortages. AI wasn't even a consideration of mine at the time. Between holding XOM, and NVDA, it's time for me to do some rebalancing.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It's fascinating listening to the bull bear debate on NVDA. The bears are more bearish now than they were before the earnings call. They are making the same arguments as the TSLA, AMZN, AAPL bears made years ago. Comparisons to Cisco of the 90s. Thats a fair comparison, but are we CSCO in 1998 or 2000
    That CSCO chart from 1998-2000 will make you think.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    An AI scientist from NVDA tweeted that they would be starting AI services and not just sell the hardware. Which is important or else this really does become a Cisco.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Hit $1 trilly today, closed just under. I'm hopeful for something of a pullback. Only got a handfull of shares around 380. Hate to buy more above $400, but I will certainly be buying more before the next earnings. Jensen Huang, the CEO said they are in year 1 of a 10 year cycle. Wall Street says the guidance was probably just for 1 quarter and the result of orders being pulled forward. Meanwhile NVDA is announcing new deals and new services. As crazy as it sounds, there's a chance of another guide up next earnings.
    Thanos was the hero

14. Member
    FOMO ..
    Considering selling half of mine, up 100% +. and letting the free shares ride. But would hate to miss out on the future gains.
    The hardest thing to do is take a profit and not look back!

15. Member
    Gamers are pissed at NVDA and they've lost many customers over their shenanigans. This is a pretty tell from a gamers perspective. If I owned any NVDA, I would certainly be taking profits before a major draw down...

1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Split Shot View Post
    FOMO ..
    Considering selling half of mine, up 100% +. and letting the free shares ride. But would hate to miss out on the future gains.
    The hardest thing to do is take a profit and not look back!
    That is hard to do, but one of my first rules. You can't complain about a profit, green is green

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Thanos was the hero

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Thanks NVDA for the great AI trades. I'm out all NVDA, MSFT and ADBE. The earnings call isn't out yet, but the press release doesn't excite me. ADBE ran $100 following NVDA's earnings. I plan to get back in NVDA and MSFT on any decent pullback.
    Thanos was the hero

19. Member

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    And.......back in. Not sure why I even bother to sell sometimes

Earnings later this month. This is gonna sound crazy but I think they raise guidance again, or atleast talk more about the service revenue they might expect.
    Thanos was the hero

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast