Mercury ignition switch.

1b745762
    Shot in the dark. I need a new Mercury ignition switch. There is no part # on the old one. Anybody have a idea which one this is? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    17009A5 standard push to choke switch from the dark side
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    17009A5 standard push to choke switch from the dark side
    Thanks you! When I looked it up. They have two yellow wires and a purple wire. Mine only has one yellow wire and a blue wire. Need to find a wiring diagram so I can see what is what. Thanks!

4. Member
    one is yel/ red strp to solenoid other is yel/black strp to ckoke , yours may be faded purple thats 12v at key on
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The colors simply match/go together.

Some installations may have 3-4 wires connecting to "purple" (I terminal). Color to color match in every case.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    The colors simply match/go together.

Some installations may have 3-4 wires connecting to "purple" (I terminal). Color to color match in every case.
    Just picked up a new from the dealer. My old ignition has a blue wire connected to a white wire. The other five wires match in color. My new one has a yellow with black stripe. My old one does not have this color wire. I am going to assume the blue wire is the yellow with black stripe. Does this sound right?

7. Member
    no , mabe someone spliced in wire for a repair at one time

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    no , mabe someone spliced in wire for a repair at one time
    No. I have owned the boat since it was new and it has not been worked on. I'm pretty sure the blue wire is the choke.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you check it with an ohms meter- it's probably running to the instrument lighting. If so, put it on with the PURPLE wires.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you check it with an ohms meter- it's probably running to the instrument lighting. If so, put it on with the PURPLE wires.
    The instrument panel is connected to the purple wire. The blue wire connects to a white wire that goes to the harness that goes to the motor.Thanks!

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Can you snap a picture of that junction/connect/harness? Sounds like it's on one of the Can-P wires for some reason.