Lake Oneida, oil spill?

I got third hand knowledge, which is probably fourth hand knowledge that there was an oil spill in the Oneida river near the lake. Any news on this or smallmouth fishing reports?

Tks, BAM

2. Member
    This is the first I’ve heard of an oil spill. I live 40min away from the Sylvan Beach (eastern shore) and work out of an office in Liverpool 15min away from Oneida Shores.. the DEC would’ve made it public due to walleye fishing. There’s also no articles or any information about it online. So my guess is if anything did happen, it was very minor and controlled quickly.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Thanks sir, that makes sense! Any news on how the fishing is?

4. Member
    Honestly I haven’t heard much about Oneida this year. I’ve only had my boat out once so far a couple weeks ago to a smaller lake. If I hear anything on myfishfinder I’ll let ya know there’s usually a very active Oneida lake thread
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Thank you ECobb91...

Hello all, we were there when it happened, it was at the Winter Harbor Marina on May 10th. Really didn't see much product on the water but there was an odor in the air. We didn't see any response from emergency services but did see a few booms on the water. We fished the rest of the week without seeing any issues.

On Saturday of that week we saw a dark center console boat with a blue light on the front with 2 guys in dark uniforms coming out of the marina, not sure if had anything to do with the incident.

We did well all week, while out of the main lake we were overwhelmed with some sort of small nat like bugs.

Overall great trip!
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

7. Member
    Thanks for the info Allen...