Water inside cowling and power loss 250 Pro XS

2013 or 14 250 Pro XS
    Serial 1B918429

Running WOT motor felt like it bogged down. Lost about 1500RPM and 10mph. Jumped a boat wake thinking I picked up some trash and got full power back for about 30 seconds then back to bogged down and that’s where it stayed. Got back close to the ramp and shut it down. Started it and it idled fine. Tried to blast back off and it wouldn’t get over 2500rpm. Shut it off and trimmed all the way up and water poured out of the rigging boot connection on the front of the motor. Started it with the cowling off and could not see water coming in anywhere. Motor still starts and idled but doesn’t have enough power to push up on the trailer anymore. I also never got any alarms, never lost pressure and never saw a jump in temperature. Motor is also still expelling water as usual. Any ideas? Got a good mechanic I could call but I’m honestly in denial of what could be wrong as I will be without a boat if it’s a blown head. Thanks in advance.

Not much pressure at idle, bring the RPM up to about 15 to 1800 rpm
    Pull the lower cowls so you can see around the adaptor plate
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

Also, do a really good careful inspection for anything loose, unplugged, pinched, water-spotted, etc. etc.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor