Low Voltage Alarm: Mercury 225 Pro-XS 2 stroke

Had an issue with motor last weekend and would like some confirmation.
    At the end of a 6 hour fishing morning, I got a 4-5 second beep when I got onto plane. Engine went into guardian mode. I have been noticing my voltage gauge is only reading 12v when running and maybe slightly less at idle and will drop lower if trimming. My battery is a 6 month old DIEHARD 31 agm. No previous issues with it. I know this is not the top of the line battery but it met standards. Engine started fine all day even after guardian mode.
    Is this a sign of an alternator going down? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Y’all have always been the best!

2. Member
    Same thing happened to me last summer. My ground wire at the alternator broke at the connector. Go through all your wiring closely. Guaranteed you have a loose one somewhere. Put the motor on muffs, at idle it was reading 13+v, before 11.9-12.1 but would start right up without any issues. Could be the alternator I suppose but I’d make sure wiring is all intact and perfect still.

3. Member
    check fuses and fuse link as well as ^^^ all grnds on alt and engine ,could be failing alt also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................