Guardian Mode, blocking and silencing.

2008 150hp Optimax
    Serial: 1B539103

Let the oil get about 1/3 or less full in the oil tank in the boat. Did just fine and when I got back from the outing, I put more oil in the tank. Before my next trip out, I put the key in the ignition to see how much fuel I have and then I get the 4 beeps. Connect vessel view and I get the "critically low oil" fault. Well, I pulled the cowling, put the motor on muffs, made sure there was no air in the reservoir on the side of the motor (by running the motor on muffs and letting oil bleed out of the top cap), and still got the ugly fault. The oil filled into the reservoir pretty quick. So I am assuming the sensor or the float are bad, either way need a new reservoir and its on order and coming. I still went fishing and the boat ran fine all day. Sure it beeped, but I paid attention to temperature and all the other things, no issues at all. Until I was the farthest from the ramp, and I needed to get home, and it decided to go into guardian mode and make that final trip back to the ramp last 90 minutes. Dumb play on my part but it had done good for the first 10 hours of my day fishing. This is the first time I have ever had a motor go into guardian mode. After I replace the oil reservoir, should it clear guardian mode on its own or do I need to do something to clear it?

Also, vessel view has this little feature that "blocks" or "silence" faults. If I had done either (I was way too scared to do it), would that have cleared guardian mode and I could of got back to the ramp quicker?

Thanks for replies in advance.

2. Member
    replacing tank guardian will cease at key on ...... not have cleared it until repaired
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Perfect, need this damn tank to get here asap. The only thing that worried me about the block and silence function were that it stated it would block all future faults. I don’t want to block guardian mode indefinitely. I just wanted to go faster than 5mph.

4. Member
    bypass sensor
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    bypass sensor
    Not 100% sure how to take this statement. So just reply with a number
    1) Blocking or silencing fault on vessel view will bypass the sensor indefinitely
    2) Blocking or silencing fault on vessel view will bypass the sensor for a short time and then eventually set off fault again
    3) Bypass sensor manually somehow someway that requires more explanation
    4) Bypass sensor and dont worry about the new oil reservoir and go fishing (if so, I need directions or a link to another thread)

6. Member
    you can bypass sensor i tank by jumping the wires in harness at bullet connectors until new tank arrives ,be warned if it runs out of oil powerhead will fail

7. Member
    you can bypass sensor i tank by jumping the wires in harness at bullet connectors until new tank arrives ,be warned if it runs out of oil powerhead will fail
    This post is worthless without PICS. Curious what this looks like. Honestly, Ill probably just wait til the new tank gets here. Still want to know what blocking or silencing actually does on vessel view if you block the guradian mode fault.

8. Member
    worthless there only 2 wires at sensor pretty simple jump

9. Member
    So just unplug 2 blue wires from the reservoir, make a simple wire with both male adaptors and then plug into both females? Simple as that? Might just get this done tonight while I wait for new reservoir to come in.

10. Member
    thats it ive seen it done with a paper clip cutin U shape and taped to hold in a emergency ..... Still worthless ?????

11. Member
    need to find me two male ends to make a jumper asap. Thanks Joe, probably will make one so I can go fishing on Friday after my vasectomy lmao.

12. Member
    Joe helped me with this same issue so defiantly not worthless. unless you have him do the vasectomy. well then again he may be able to do that to.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Hp Optimax OT862351

13. Member
    ones ive done on calves were irreversible

14. Member
    ones ive done on calves were irreversible

HIRED!!! In all seriousness, I cannot imagine it is going to be all that bad. What has been wearing on me all week though is not being able to go fishing due to some faulty old part in my motor. Maybe I will be too sore to get in a boat, either way, I still think some H2O and hook therapy will help me heal quicker.

15. Member
    my buddy had had one hes working on his 3rd wife since procedure he says it hard to find one that can keep up , good luck fishn watch that rod handle

16. Member
    my buddy had had one hes working on his 3rd wife since procedure he says it hard to find one that can keep up , good luck fishn watch that rod handle

17. Member
    Quick update. Got tank in, installed with the final couple hours of sunlight I had last night. Wasn't able to get motor on muffs and bleed tank, but was able to transfer enough oil from old tank to new tank to leave just a small air bubble. Figured I would just put key in ignition and see if beeps still occurred. No Beeps! Yippy, success! Turned on vessel view and let it connect and it still shows all the faults. Plan on putting it on muffs tonight, bleeding the tank so there is no air in the reservoir, and I am hoping the faults clear. Hoping to head to the lake this weekend, but really dont want the boat to still be in guardian mode. Faults should clear on their own right?