Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A New Era Begins: New Vexus VX20!

Hi Everyone,

Here are pictures of my new 2022 Vexus VX20! I've had the fortune to fish out of it three times since taking ownership of the boat two weeks ago and I can absolutely say that it's the best fiberglass bass boat I have ever owned!

Please have a great day!
    Sincerely,
    NV

2-2022-Vexus-VX20-New.jpg

1-Montage-Tundra-VX20.jpg

2-Vexus-Vx20.jpg

3-Vexus-Vx20.jpg

4-Vexus-Vx20.jpg
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Nice rig right there

Having been in them all At in time or another I would have to agree with you. Well built and designed boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 520runner View Post
    Nice rig right there
    Thank you sir!

I spent most of our long winter doing research on a new fiberglass bass boat to replace my venerable 2001 Ranger 522DVX and I found the Vexus VX20 to be the best fiberglass boat option available to me for the type of smallmouth bass fishing I prefer to indulge in, especially on Chequamegon Bay when the afternoon winds ramp up and big waves follow!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Having been in them all At in time or another I would have to agree with you. Well built and designed boat.
    Yes, the demo ride in 25mph winds and waves this spring was the tie breaker for me in selecting the Vexus VX20 over other competitors! Wonderful performance in big water and with the Air Ride seats, I never felt any of the waves even quartering away from the resulting heavy "walleye chop"! Lastly, as you noted in a previous comment, the fit and finish is beyond exceptional and reminds me of my old 2001 Ranger 522DVX but even more so!

Very nice, congrats!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishStalkerGuy View Post
    Very nice, congrats!
    Thank you!

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    SCHWEEEEEEEET looking boat you found your self.. Congrats !

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    SCHWEEEEEEEET looking boat you found your self.. Congrats !
    Thank you, sir! I never imagined that my entire flotilla of bass boats would be made by Vexus, but here I am with two of the best bass boats available and I couldn't be any happier!

10. Member
    Nice looking boat!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Nice looking boat!
    Thank you!

12. Member
    Sweet boat NV! I bet that will handle Chequamegon nicely.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Sweet boat NV! I bet that will handle Chequamegon nicely.
    Thank you sir!

Yes, after breaking in the new Mercury 250 Pro XS, it handled the 18-mile run from Bayfield, WI to Cat Island (northern Apostle Islands) without any issues or challenges two weekends ago, my cousin was amazed by how well the Air Ride seats did in 1-2ft chops. Chequamegon Bay itself is a kitten compared to running the channels between some of the larger Apostle Islands when a stiff breeze gets going in the summer afternoons.

14. Member
    Wow. Do you salmon/lake trout fish around the islands or just sightseeing?

15. Member
    Wow. Do you salmon/lake trout fish around the islands or just sightseeing?
    Yes, I really like fishing for different species of fish so the new Vexus VX20 allows me to partake of the salmon, lake trout, and other varieties of fish in the Apostle Islands! It's so nice to get away from the crowds too, but as previously mentioned, it is big water and very cold year-round so you need a boat that can reliably take you out there and back safely. I am entirely biased, but I believe the new Vexus VX20 will be a fine boat for running around the Apostle Islands!

16. Member
    That’s so cool. The wife and I had a trip planned there in 2016 before our daughter was born. I assume you remember when the area had terrible flash flooding that washed out roads and had the bay a complete mess. We never did make it up there. We still want to get up there sometime and take the ferry out to Madeline Island. Congrats on the new glass rig again. Like I said when it’s time for me to get a different boat, I need to pick your brain on your 1980. Hopefully you will be giving that one some attention soon with some smallmouth! Talk to you soon

17. Member
    No worries, sir! The Vexus AVX 1980 will have plenty of time on the Chippewa River and other shallow parts of the Northwoods once the river levels come down a bit more.

Good luck on your trip up to the Northwoods next week! I think you timed it well since yesterday on the St. Croix River we caught both smallmouth and largemouth bass in all three stages of the early season: pre-spawn (staging in deep water), full of eggs on the first breaklines, and spawned out fish on the secondary breaklines.

All of the fish were caught yesterday on the new JDM BFS gear and the incomparable Imakatsu IK Spin Jerk with some "minor" modifications to allow for a slow suspension and float/rise in 72-degree water temperatures!

Here's some teaser pictures to tempt you for your trip next week sir!

3-BFS-Tackle-Montage.jpg
    The BFS Gear! Top two are brand new Megabass Destroyer F2-63X7 Super Criffhangers with new Shimano 22 Aldebaran BFS reels with 10# YGK G-Soul SS112 hybrid sinking braid, the middle two are a new Smith LTD Tourer V-Spec TVC-69 Bait Finesse Advance with another new Aldebaran BFS reel with the same line, and the awesome Daiwa Steez Racing Design RD 641M/ML+XB-SMT (Finesse Tune SMT) with another Aldebaran BFS reel, and the bottom rods are ML/L rods; the OG Megabass X7 Super Eiger with Shimano 21 Antares DC reel with 14# YGK hybrid braid, and a gently used Zenag Spirado Blackart B65 Finesse with the same reel and line! I'm still deciding on whether to acquire the new Shimano Conquest BFS reel or not now that they are readily available, but time will tell.

3-13-inch-Crappie-on-he-bump-board.jpg
    A true giant of a crappie for the Northwoods at 13.25"! We managed to catch a total of 17 fish in this same size range on our two trips to the St. Croix River this week!

4-Tools-of-the-trade.jpg
    Here are the tools of the trade: top three are various flavors of the 4.2g IK Spin Jerk, second from the bottom is the 5g Evergreen Super Sledge, and last is perhaps the most underrated finesse JDM jerkbait of all; the 8.4g OSP Asura II (suspending) in classic Pearl Chartreuse Orange Belly!

4-Yet-more-JDM-Mail-Call-Items.jpg
    In true JDM hoarding mode, yet more of the very limited supply of Imakatsu Spin Jerk lures to store away for a rainy day!

18. Member
    Wow! I’m in complete amazement of your arsenal. Very impressive. Thanks for the well wishes on our trip. I will definitely keep you posted

19. Member
    Wow! I’m in complete amazement of your arsenal. Very impressive. Thanks for the well wishes on our trip. I will definitely keep you posted
    HAHAHAHA! I'm happy you like my small but growing collection of JDM BFS gear sir! I have a brand new Megabass Destroyer Orochi X4 F2.5-64X4 Hedgehog created for the legendary Aaron Martens to his specifications on the way from Japan that I have to decide what I want to pair with since Shimano has been having difficulties with having enough parts to sustain production of Shimano 22 Aldebaran BFS reels as all of the righthand XG models are out of stock everywhere online. I might decide to punt and match this "legendary" BFS casting rod with a new Shimano 23 Conquest BFS XG right hand reel instead and see how it goes for presenting these guys below this summer sir!

2-More-UL-Tools-of-the-trade.jpg
    Top left is a few of my 2.7g Megabass Tiny Sigletts, bottom left is a few 5g Megabass Baby Pop-X, top right is some very rare 3.3g Sakura Fishing Pop'n Dogs, and on the bottom right is a few of my 48 3g DUO Tetra Works Pocopoco 40F poppers which are perhaps the finest finesse poppers I have ever used. It is unfortunate that DUO discontinued them back in 2018 since they are the only JDM topwater lures of their type that feature both a weight transfer system and a loud rattle. I can say without any bias that the diminutive Pocopoco absolutely catches everything that swims from 12" bluegill all the way up to 22" smallmouth bass! I wish I had more than the 48 that I was able to acquire after hearing about them being discontinued!

P.S. Best of all, even in a fairly stiff crosswind while on Anchor Lock and using the jogging function to move the new Vexus VX20 around both days on the St. Croix River, I never once had any issues with wind knots and other line issues related to using spinning gear. I am so glad to have adopted using BFS gear and be able to put all of the high-end JDM spinning gear into long-term storage permanently!

20. Member
    Quite the collection. I’m not ready to jump down the BFS rabbit hole yet lol. You have an amazing collection sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast