Replaced unit and Waypoints

Had to send a unit back to HB and was sent another unit which is awesome.. Great CS! However am I out of luck when it comes to the waypoints? I have everything linked and was sharing waypoints with one of the units on the steering wheel console. Will those appear on new unit when turned on?

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The answer depends on whether you have a Solix/Apex or a Helix. On the Solix and Apex, all waypoints are physically stored on all units on the network. On the Helix, only the waypoints created on each Helix unit are physically stored on that unit... Helix shares the waypoints with each unit on the network but only physically stores them on the unit they were created on.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    These are all Helix's.. that really sucks.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDance View Post
    These are all Helix's.. that really sucks.
    Yeah, it's really hard to learn about doing regular Waypoint exports (saves) the hard way. In the case of Helix, you need to have a backup of each unit to keep all your waypoints protected.

Sorry this happened to you.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    Actually with Helix you have the hbpc to store and manipulate them that you can’t use for the X units. Of course you still have to do backups! At some point we all learn the hard way! I keep a data chip in each unit and do a backup regularly. I don’t do much maintaining it but always have a backup for emergencies. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Yeah.. this is a learning lesson for sure. Honestly doing backups was the last thing on my mind. It as nice to go from a G2 to G4... But lost a ton and mean a ton of waypoints but that is on me.

7. Member
    Have Humminbird put them on an SD and send them to ya. Might be worth checking.