Local tackle stores

What are some local tackle stores in your part of the state? One local one just closed. The great outdoors is a good one near me. I like ones that sell local made stuff and hard to get things. I know these types of stores are going away in some parts. I would rather do business with a local place vs. an online store.

2. Member
    Not a lot of good tackle stores in my immediate area. We drive sometimes to Outdoor Accessories in Kenly and EZ Bait and Tackle in Goldsboro. Was up at Bobcats this weekend near Clarksville, VA which is pretty good.

Tex's Tackle and Intercoastal Angler here in Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach area.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Member
    Aberdeen bait and tackle. Huge zoom inventory and well stocked with everything else you could imagine.

5. Member
    The store I'm curious about is Thomas Bait and Tackle in Sanford. Does anyone know if it's still open? I've called a few times (during the week) and all I got was a recording.

6. Member
    I agree with Juice780. The Great Outdoors is a super good one. They're ~20 miles from me(Cherryville NC). They don't just have tackle, but pretty much anything outdoors including hunting stuff and guns. I always enjoy talking to Bass fishing hall of fame member Guy Eaker when I go by there. They also sell and service boats. The Bass Shack is small, but it's ~10 miles from me(Shelby NC). It's well stocked on most fishing stuff. I get most of my stuff from these places.

Piedmont Bait and Tackle is outside of Lincolnton NC close to Lake Norman. I used to stop there quite a bit decades ago but haven't been there in decades.

Need to add E-Z Bait and Tackle! Damn if they don't have everything!
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

8. Member
    K and J tackle in Jamestown is my favorite. Fishing fever in high point is a good one. I always go to Aberdeen bait and tackle as well if I’m close. Can’t really think of many others that I stop at regularly.

9. Member
    K and J gets my vote also..

10. Member
    I shop with my wallet. Show me the best pricing and you will get my business. I hold no allegiance to no business.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankinbass View Post
    Aberdeen bait and tackle. Huge zoom inventory and well stocked with everything else you could imagine.
    I was just there on Friday. You just have to get past the smell of all the cats. The prices are a little high, but I can guarantee they have just about everything you could need. The owner was telling my buddy that the state is about to take his land so they can turn the road into 4 lanes...so he's currently lawyered up so he can get a fair shake before they start pulling some Imminent Domain nonsense on him.

I would also recommend the Nuese Sporting Goods store in Kinston. They're trying to give BPS a run for their money as a one stop shop. Freshwater and Saltwater rods, reels, and tackle, Guns, Kayaks, Marine stuff, clothing, food, knives, etc.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    I shop with my wallet. Show me the best pricing and you will get my business. I hold no allegiance to no business.
    Then you probably shouldn’t have posted here! Local shops will help you out plenty if you show some “allegiance” to them. I honestly will go out of my way to shop at the local stores first. Friendships are much more important than a few bucks in my wallet!

13. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    Then you probably shouldn’t have posted here! Local shops will help you out plenty if you show some “allegiance” to them. I honestly will go out of my way to shop at the local stores first. Friendships are much more important than a few bucks in my wallet!
    Very Important
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    The problem with “shopping with your wallet” is when the local shop closes due to lack of business, you stuck with Walmart or online. If you have a boat, truck, fish tourneys, you have so many $ already invested that supporting your local tackle shop is a financial rounding error. With that said, your $ to spend how you desire. I choose local when I can.

15. Member
    The Bass Shack in Shelby is another

Ace Hardware in Littleton has a pretty decent selection of stuff.

Outdoor Accessories in Kenly….ol Eds been in business for 33 years. Nice little family store. Rod and reel repair also. I may have paid a little more over the years but it’s mighty convenient to have that store local….and it’s a great hangout !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

18. Member
    Greenville Marine Outdoor Shop is pretty good.