Thread: Boat alarm

Boat alarm

does anyone use a boat alarm that does more than just sound an alarm? I am deaf so i cant hear any alarms go off. I need one that sets off light or vibration.

2. Member
    I have an alarm that pages a remote (sound + vibration) that seems to cover the distance in most hotel situations so far. I’ve been thinking about switching to one of those newer ones that calls and alerts your phone instead. There would be no range limitation on that one, but you’d have to pay for cell service for the alarm (something like that might actually be handy for your tow vehicle while it’s parked when you’re out fishing).

3. Member
    which alarm do you have that pages a remote with vibration? that might work.

4. Member
    VJOYCAR alarm https://www.amazon.com/VJOYCAR-Wirel...s%2C176&sr=8-2

--------------------------
    Viper 3121V [discontinued model > Walmart $47; Amazon $129.99]
    Viper alarm warranty is only valid if purchased AND installed by a certified Viper seller/installer. Amazon and Walmart aren't certified Viper seller/installer. Local certified Viper seller/installer (stereo shop) would not install an alarm in my boat in 2022, they would install the 3121v in a motorcycle though.
    Viper 3121V Powersport Alarm - Walmart.com
    https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Elec...%2C156&sr=8-37

Viper 3121V by T J, on Flickr
    Last edited by tj; 06-04-2023 at 12:16 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I use a Viper, magnetic contacts on all compartments, vibration and motion sensors, the lastest boat flashes rubrail lights deck lights and nav lights also
    remote good for about 1 mile, 2 way with vibration

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjignpig View Post
    which alarm do you have that pages a remote with vibration? that might work.
    This is the specific one that I got, but there are many others. Alarm triggers simply by vibration or motion detection (motion being so done simply getting in the boat).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. Member
    The t-h marine alarm pages the keyfob.

https://amzn.to/435717c

8. Member
    The TH Marine one costs more, only gives you one key fob, and only has a vibration sensor. The “motorcycle” one is cheaper and gives you more (sensors and fobs). Someone once pointed out to me that the TH Marine one was just a scaled down motorcycle alarm… at double the price.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    The TH Marine one costs more, only gives you one key fob, and only has a vibration sensor. The “motorcycle” one is cheaper and gives you more (sensors and fobs). Someone once pointed out to me that the TH Marine one was just a scaled down motorcycle alarm… at double the price.
    Agreed, the TH marine one is garbage. I went with the viper like drewtech recommended, and while I didn't wire in nearly as many sensors as he did, it works great.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I use a Viper, magnetic contacts on all compartments, vibration and motion sensors, the lastest boat flashes rubrail lights deck lights and nav lights also
    remote good for about 1 mile, 2 way with vibration

Andy, which model Viper do you use?

11. Member
    This post has me thinking about how we can use car alarms to protect our catalytic convertors.........
    "Dedicated to Dad. He always had time to take me fishing." Jerry McKinnis

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash5150 View Post
    This post has me thinking about how we can use car alarms to protect our catalytic convertors.........
    high voltage shock or air shocks that lowers to pin the POS under the card should be standard OEM on new cars…..

Just hook whatever device you desire to the present system.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H. View Post
    Andy, which model Viper do you use?
    I use the 5706 because of the long distance 2 way remote, there are some less expensive, the 3121V is made for Boats and motor cycles, you can also add a 4g device that connects to a cell phone app , little overkill for boat but so is my remote start
    and trim
    https://youtube.com/shorts/VXRijTgN-uE?feature=share
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    OP might want to check this out.
    https://www.anglerarmor.us/
    Last edited by tj; 06-03-2023 at 04:28 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI