Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    What culture would you point to? How then do you find what morality is? Are you prescribing moral relativism or do you think morals should be absolute?
    How about any of the eastern nations like japan? Don’t murder, don’t steal, don’t lie. I think most cultures and societies have figured those out without a bible. What uniquely Christian thing makes you think it’s more moral than anyone else?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    If you knew anything about a tournament bass rig, you would not make such a foolish comment, since you have your TM to use if there would be any issues with your motor.
    It would be interesting to watch you stand when a ship goes by leaving a 4'+ wake and you are fighting a smallie.
    Attachment 523572

BTW, we have a paddle boat for the kids to play in our pond, and one at the lake house for them to play in our bay.
    If I can land 29” redfish in a 20mph wind I bet I can figure out a little ol’ bronze fish.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    How about any of the eastern nations like japan? Don’t murder, don’t steal, don’t lie. I think most cultures and societies have figured those out without a bible. What uniquely Christian thing makes you think it’s more moral than anyone else?
    Great example. I would suggest comparing the core beliefs or shinto and buddhism to christianity. I disagree that most cultures have "figured those out without a Bible".

What makes christianity more moral? A set of absolute morals that are backed by logic, reason and statistics. A belief that we are all accountable for our actions. A "golden rule" commanding us to love God and love our neighbor.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Great example. I would suggest comparing the core beliefs or shinto and buddhism to christianity. I disagree that most cultures have "figured those out without a Bible".

What makes christianity more moral? A set of absolute morals that are backed by logic, reason and statistics. A belief that we are all accountable for our actions. A "golden rule" commanding us to love God and love our neighbor.
    But how are they unique? The golden rule isn’t uniquely Christian.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. Member
    We can argue timelines and origins of the "golden rule", but it doesn't matter as long as they mirror each other. Correct?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer View Post
    Here's what the "rules" of the Bible burn down to - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. ... Love your neighbor as yourself.

So, Rex, I'll let you answer your own question (if desired) - what do you think - a good guide (or not)?
    Well said

7. Member
    Just for reference, its specifically stated in Matthew 7:12.

8. Member
    Which 'golden rule' are you talking about, he that has the gold makes the rules, or do onto others as you want others do onto you?

BTW, "golden rule" is man made term and you will nt find it in the Scriptures, however, Matthew 7:12 In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you has become known as the Golden Rule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12