New fxr 21 props

I will be picking up my new boat soon. Other than the T2 that it comes with what other props should I consider. I know I need to get RPMs figured out and will try the correct pitches after I get a rpm baseline.
    I assume a fury and tempest. Any others?

2. Member
    I've been looking at the Turbo FXP which was designed for the SHO. I haven't run one but I have run a TXP and it was great shallow prop

3. Member
    I did not see any improvement from the Tempest or Fury (I have both). You’d be better off sending the stock one off to get blueprinted.

4. Member
    It's a big boat, and while I see 71.6 at 5960 rpms with stock 25 T-2 I have considered a 26 bravo just for better bow control in rough water.

5. Member
    I will have whatever I land on blue printed as I always do.
    I just wanted to see if anyone has had success with any others.

Ever since I put on a 26 Bravo my 25 T2 has been sitting in the garage. I see no need to put it back on.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    What is it about the 26 Bravo that you like? The FXR/ZXR 20 is a completely different hull than the FXR/ZXR 21 when it comes to comparing props. Unfortunately, we have the 90lb Ultrex pushed out 1 foot further from the boats fulcrum, on the nose of the boat (limited to the same horsepower). That’s a significant weight shift.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    What is it about the 26 Bravo that you like? The FXR/ZXR 20 is a completely different hull than the FXR/ZXR 21 when it comes to comparing props. Unfortunately, we have the 90lb Ultrex pushed out 1 foot further from the boats fulcrum, on the nose of the boat (limited to the same horsepower). That’s a significant weight shift.
    Better bow lift, better ride in rough water, better bite on turns, better overall handling. 1-2 mph loss on top end speed.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Better bow lift, better ride in rough water, better bite on turns, better overall handling. 1-2 mph loss on top end speed.

You had me real excited with you list of benefits… until you got to the “loss 1-2mph”. LOL.

Actually, I had a Fury, Tempest, T-1 and a T2. I asked Mark Croxton which one he could do the best with (or what I should get, if there was something better than what I already had). He said he could do the best with the T2. My top priority was top speed, and harnessing the porpoising tendency. Thinking about getting a 4 blade specifically for the Great Lakes as I’m finding myself going up there more lately.

You had me real excited with you list of benefits… until you got to the “loss 1-2mph”. LOL.

Actually, I had a Fury, Tempest, T-1 and a T2. I asked Mark Croxton which one he could do the best with (or what I should get, if there was something better than what I already had). He said he could do the best with the T2. My top priority was top speed, and harnessing the porpoising tendency. Thinking about getting a 4 blade specifically for the Great Lakes as I’m finding myself going up there more lately.
    The Bravo is a lot better than the T2 for porpoising also. That’s one of the first things I noticed. I like my T2, but like the Bravo better. I’m still running 70+ with a partner and tournament load which is fast enough for me. One of the reasons I went away from the T2 is all the comments about people slinging blades with them.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    You had me real excited with you list of benefits… until you got to the “loss 1-2mph”.
    It’s crazy to me what some of you guys try to squeeze out of your rigs. Not knocking, I just can’t comprehend it.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

12. Member
    Picked up my boat and after break in.
    I opened it up for a squirt.
    25t2. 5800 RPM 67 miles per hour.
    Last edited by NewRangerMan; 06-05-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Would the Bravo 26 be applicable for a SHO 225 as well, or would dropping down a pitch be suggested? Currently looking to move away from the T series as I've gotten cracks in two so far this year :(. Considering Tempest, Bravo, Scorpion, and Razor (Mark Croxton). Am looking for more bow lift as I am stern light with lithiums and bow heavy with electronics and have to bury the jackplate to get best peformance. Top speed not as critical as the river I run most often is like a freaking 30 mile long wind tunnel lol...

14. Member
    Razor 4 XL from Mark is tough to beat.....