Thread: heading sensor

heading sensor

I just installed my new Ultrex 24/80lb/45"

Everything went smooth as butter motor function correctly in the shop , remote seems to work properly (haven't tried it on the water yet) but I can't get the heading sensor to pair.

When I turn on power the light comes on for 3 sec then goes off.
    I press the button and it starts rapidly blinking.
    I press and hold the pair button in the TM head.
    No beeps and after a time the light on the heading sensor goes out.
    Ive tried multiple times to no avail.
    Thought maybe it was to close to some kind of unknow interference so i moved it . no change .
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Hp Optimax OT862351

2. Member
    Light isn’t constant on. Blinks on power up and then blinks in intervals. Fast blinking is only seen during pairing. If you have power don’t mess with it until you get on the water and then go through the setup.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Light isn’t constant on. Blinks on power up and then blinks in intervals. Fast blinking is only seen during pairing. If you have power don’t mess with it until you get on the water and then go through the setup.
    ok ill try that in the morn. Thanks for the help .

Heading sensor can be paired while the motor is stowed

SOP for pairing is push the button on sensor LED blinks twice per second for up to 20 seconds.
    while its flashing press button on motor head (Motor must be turned on) until you hear the beeps from motor

Might try Holding down button on motor and while holding it press button on sensor (I have seen this work)

Sensor will flash once every 3 seconds when its paired
    Also you will see the sensor calibration option on the remote once its paired

Calibration must be done on the water
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    Called Minnkota this morn. First thing the guy said was , have my batteries load tested. So I pulled both and had them checked. both were perfect. The guy used two different types of testers to be sure.
    Back home, put it all back together. No change. Called MK again. After the guy walking me through checking connections in the head and the foot pedal, he is sending me a replacement head. (the top part)
    The good news is spot lock is working. I took it to the lake and fished a couple hours to familiarize myself to the functions. Everything worked perfectly. I love it!!
    I guess the only thing the heading sensor is needed for is jog. Which I can live without, but I can see where it's nice to have. Also, I tried to pair my phone app and no go either. There again I can live without that too but since it a feature . I want to use it.
    Thats why he is sending the head. I get no audible beep when pressing the pair button so its not working. I will say when trying to decide which TM to purchase I tried contacting Garmin about the Force. Stayed on hold till i gave up.
    Minnkota answers right away.

6. Member
    One blink every 3 seconds means it is pared and working properly. They come pared from the factory where they test it. The manual has that info
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    [QUOTE=bobcoy;13024827]One blink every 3 seconds means it is pared and working properly. They come pared from the factory where they test it. The manual has that info[/QUOTE

Thanks but mine don't blink at all after the initial power up and there is no audible beep when pressing the pair button on the TM head. The remote control comes factory paired but not the heading sensor.

8. Member
    You are correct! I had issues before I went step by step from the instructions. 5 years is a long time to remember for an old guy.

9. Member
    Following up on this. My replacement head came in today and the install took ten mins. It paired to the remote, heading sensor, and my phone perfectly so that was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by styler View Post
    Following up on this. My replacement head came in today and the install took ten mins. It paired to the remote, heading sensor, and my phone perfectly so that was the issue.
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    Thanks for the follow up and update .

12. Member
    Wrong post