Torch Lake in fall?

This Missouri boy is planning on a fishing trip to Michigan in mid October. How would you guys rate Torch Lake at that time. My wife and another couple are going, and while we fish, they will sightsee and shop. Thanks for opinions.

the entire chain is pretty good that time of year, but gets a lot of pressure (end of year tournaments, out of state clubs). That said, torch is a different animal. plan on covering a LOT of water. Fish can be in 5' or 60'. If you've just got a day or 2 i would go to skeg or bellaire.

the entire chain is pretty good that time of year, but gets a lot of pressure (end of year tournaments, out of state clubs). That said, torch is a different animal. plan on covering a LOT of water. Fish can be in 5' or 60'. If you've just got a day or 2 i would go to skeg or bellaire or the south arm of charlevoix.

4. Member
    Basically this goes for every body of water up here. That time of year could certainly be the best smallmouth day of you life... or it could be snowing with 8'ers. Fall is certainly my most productive time of the year in terms of size and numbers. If the weather is horrible, the scenery is top notch to tide you over for a day!

5. Member
    Thanks guys!