One big lithium or two small ?

I’m getting all my electronics off my cranking battery (31 agm) and going lithium. I’m considering a 100ah to run all electronics or (2) 50ah to separate the screens and AT. Are there any advantages having seperate batteries? Some say having AT and screens on their own battery gives better images? If no difference at all I’d rather run one 100ah.

carbon 12 at console 3/1
    carbon 12 at bow 3/1 nose cone
    carbon 9 at bow
    AT
    point 1
    nmea 2k

2. Member
    I have an almost identical set-up. I have the 125 Ionic for both a start battery and to run all my electronics. I do not have a separate house battery. I turn every on for an 8 hour fishing day and have only used up to 30% of the battery. 70% left. These Ionic lithiums are incredible. I run three 50’s for my ghost. I have the Sea Clear Harness from bow to Stern for the head units, AT etc.

3. Member
    I am replacing my Oddessy 31 for an Relion RB100-HP, Based on calculations it will provide the cranking for my Optimax and is the only Lithum battery supported by Mercury for cold cranking amps to start. My Oddessy would be done in about 6 hrs with Pro 16 and Live 12 and 2 AT2, The new Relion will do both. The Relion will go 12hrs, These new Iron Phosphate Lithums are like a Deep Cycle battery can be use down to 20% and charge very fast with the big motor. This keeps me at 4 batteries and not having to add a 5th battery for FFS.

4. Member
    Go with the 100 or 125 and in an emergency, you can use it to crank the motor as well.

5. Member
    There is no benefit to running graphs and AT on separate batteries despite what you may read on the Internet. In fact the most efficient thing you can do is run a single power cable from the battery to a fuse block and link all electronics to the same fuse block.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    I actually ran #8 anchor marine to my electronics fuse block, works like a charm, one 125 Ionic, fish all day, still at 78%, running around some
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    There is no benefit to running graphs and AT on separate batteries despite what you may read on the Internet. In fact the most efficient thing you can do is run a single power cable from the battery to a fuse block and link all electronics to the same fuse block.

NoCAL

^^^This^^^

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post

NoCAL
    Thanks. Just need one battery for electronics…..That’s what I’m asking. I’ve already ran dedicated wire to battery and have all electronics on its own fuse block. That’s done. Just need to get a good lithium and move my electronics over to it.