Merc monitor confusion an questions.

Serial 3B394385
    Merc monitor Level 3 version 9.0

The level 3 option is what I choose for my boat, As a result of this option I have no fuel gauge. Attempted the default calibration mode, and now it reads in reverse. The more fuel I burn the more gas is in the tank. Do I need something else for the fuel level to work? Or did I just not follow the directions correctly.
    Second connected the the monitor to my nema back bone and the gauge stayed on at all times (Key on or Off) disconnected the ext power connector and now works key on only. It appears to be functioning as it did before connecting to the backbone. I have no installation instructions nor a wiring diagram so not sure the full function of the ext power connector.
    I am receiving data to my Lowrance Pro, but unable to display the data via a page button. Is the level 3 capable of this function or am I lookin at solving a Lowrance issue or is this a vessel view only option?

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Did the factory, the dealer or you do the installation? The fuel part is easy to screw up if you are not familiar with it. A default calibration should be all you need. Bass boats do not have complicated tank configurations.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Phoenix boats did the gauge install, but did not connect it to NEMA. I connected NEMA and disconnected the ext power after NEMA hook up.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    1. Reinstall external power harness.

2. Remove FUSE from Mercmonitor harness.

3. Fuel Level: Verify you have ONLY the Tank-1 (pink w/black stripe) connected to the fuel tank. NO OTHER PINK WIRE (cannot use analog and digital at same time).

4. Has tank sender been replaced?

5. Mercmonitor CANNOT function as a Vessel View. You will not have a Vesselview Page on your graph UNLESS you install VesselView Link (or for some graphs, Smartcraft Connect).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    So what the point of the NEMA then on the level 3 gauge. On my last boat a 2014 Ranger it was suggested tha I upgrade from a level 0 to a level 1 or higher to get the data displayed. For what it’s worth the graph are Lowrance 12 Pros.

Nothing replaced boat is brand new, not sure what is installed trying to figure it all out
    Last edited by Beallright; 05-23-2023 at 04:49 PM.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

You can get data point overlays on your Lowrance. Also, configure the standard “engine” pages preloaded on your Lowrance. You can get GPS data into the Mercmonitor to get range data. Finally, you can get alarms displayed on the Lowrance if any occur. This is just a few…

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    So my confusion continues,
    5. Mercmonitor CANNOT function as a Vessel View. You will not have a Vesselview Page on your graph UNLESS you install VesselView Link (or for some graphs, Smartcraft Connect).
    I thought this statement meant I was unable to display data with out vessel view, or is that saying the data is imbedded and extractable just no Mercury icon nor side bar?

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    With the Mercmonitor (L1-L3) and NMEA-2000 Network, you can share engine data across NMEA-2000 for raw data display on any graph/device that happens to be on the network. Many of today's graphs have a "dashboard" page that simulates various gauges. You can use the NMEA-2000 data there.

Your Lowrance ALSO has the ability to function as a primary Smartcraft Display (VesselView). Vesselview is Mercury's Flagship display- you just happen to have the touch-screen portion in your boat already.

By adding the VesselView LINK module, you enable the VesselView Pages on your Lowrance to function as a Vesselview Display.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor