Active Target 1 vs Active Target 2

I’m fixing to purchase another AT and would like to get some honest opinions from people that’s had both. I had the AT1 on my last boat and it was ok never any problems. New boat came with Mega live and I’m not very happy with it Thanks

2. Member
    I thought my AT1 was great but AT2 has some features using duals that I really like and the range and clarity is improved over the AT 1. I don't hear anything positive about the mega live.

3. Member
    Do not buy AT2 until Lowrance fully resolves the freezing/blackout issue. It ranges from a non-issue for some users to completely unusable for others. DO NOT BUY IT.

AT1 is great and well worth the reduced cost. It’s a huge upgrade over Mega Live.

4. Member
    I was just getting ready to post the exact same question.
    regardless if it has freezing/blackout problems, I would like to get one or the other purchased and get the large grunt of money out of my way so I can stop thinking about it.

Is the resolution worth the almost double price tag on the AT2? Any other add ons or new features the AT2 is boasting? I'm ready to make a purchase , just need to know if the juice is worth the squeeze.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

5. Member
    AT2 is 5% better performance with 100% more headaches/frustration.

AT1 was and continues to be great.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    I was just getting ready to post the exact same question.
    regardless if it has freezing/blackout problems, I would like to get one or the other purchased and get the large grunt of money out of my way so I can stop thinking about it.

Is the resolution worth the almost double price tag on the AT2? Any other add ons or new features the AT2 is boasting? I'm ready to make a purchase , just need to know if the juice is worth the squeeze.
    I found AT2 to have better range, hotter returns, and better stitching. But it’s buggy as hell.

Before making a purchase, I’d email Lowrance customer service and ask if there’s a software patch to rectify the known problems with AT2. Maybe they’ll get the hint that it’s not just existing AT2 customers that are pissed, and that it’ll affect future sales unless they get their asses in gear and fix the problems.

7. Member
    5% better is generous. If they don't come out with a fix soon I'm dumping mine and going to Garmin. I work to hard and spend to much money on my toys to put up with this. Been a Lowrance guy for 20 years but its getting close to changing.

I've decided to stick with AT1, and in fact just purchased a second AT1 since the prices have come down so much on them. I'm sure Lowrance will get AT2 sorted out, but I'm on the AT1 bandwagon for the foreseeable future.

Honestly if I am going to make a large investment in upgrading electronics, It would likely be adding Mega 360 or LVS34 vs adding a HDS Pro and AT2.

9. Member
    Again thanks to all that offer their thoughts and info. I’ve got it all updated and seemed to go well. It’s gonna be a few days till I get in the water so anxious to hear how it goes for others this weekend!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com