250 SHO repower?'s

Posted this question in the Triton forum, but thought I might get more replies from the Yamaha forum.

Currently have a 1999 Evinrude FICHT 225 on my '99 Triton TR21 PDC. Purchased new in 2000.

I'm looking at repowering with the Yamaha 250 SHO

Are these prices about right?

250 SHO $23,500
    Gauges (depending on which I choose) +/-$1,000
    TH Marine Atlas Hydraulic 10" jack plate with gauge $3,200
    Hotfoot (apparently my old one won't work) $300
    Labor +/-$1,000

What prop should I consider (personally prefer a 4 blade)? Will certainly consider a 3 blade
    Are there any strong recommendations for gauges?

Thanks in advance for any info and recommendations.

Honestly, Jackplate cost seems high, and labor cost seems low. But I suppose that depends on the dealer and the region.

3. Member
    I just bought a 250 SHO a few months ago. That seems like a good price on the motor. I didnt have to buy any guages ans such though. Finding one that wasnt a 4-6 moth wait was the issue. But i did find one thanks to BBC.

4. Member
    It seemed like the JP was high, but I didn't know what the additional costs like the gauge might be. Just looking online the JP price seemed high. I believe the labor rate is $125/hour, but I could be wrong. Looks to be a 4 month wait for the 250.

My trim motor is going out on my FICHT. That should be replaced next week and hopefully it will continue to run til the new motor arrives.

5. Member
    I just repowered in Ontario Canada from an Evinrude last week, all in with tax was just over 42k which is 31k USD
    06 Ranger Z21
    23 Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    Thanks for all the responses. Now I have to get around to pulling the trigger on ordering for the 4 month wait. If lucky, I'd be able to break it in just before putting it away for the winter.

Any suggestions for a prop based upon the info in the OP? The FICHT has a 4 blade Renegade 13-1/2 x 25.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSL6 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Now I have to get around to pulling the trigger on ordering for the 4 month wait. If lucky, I'd be able to break it in just before putting it away for the winter.

Any suggestions for a prop based upon the info in the OP? The FICHT has a 4 blade Renegade 13-1/2 x 25.
    That sucks! We have a pile here in tulsa. I repowered my boat a month or so ago dropped it off had it back in a week.

8. Member
    There is lots of places that have one in stock, they sell quick though or they know they will have one coming in soon. I was five days from phone call to firing up the new outboard
    06 Ranger Z21
    23 Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    Pm sent.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

10. Member
    $22.5K Yamaha, 250 SHO
    $550.0 Gauges
    $500.0 Yamaha harness/throttle cables
    $1200.00 Prep/installation
    $950.00 25p T2 prop
    Z520C.pdf.jpg