First Time all Garmin

After several off season projects (that spilled into the early season), I am back up and running on my boat.

One of the things I did was replace my humminbirds (997c and 1198c with interlink) with an Echomap 93sv and an Ultra 106sv. I had the 93sv last year as a stand alone livescope unit, but this year I added the 106.

First impressions:

I love the touch screens and the ability to add customized home tabs with customized/sized screens. I am not a huge fan about how humminbird had their pages setup regarding combos and love the garmins for this. Even the new models are set up the same way as the old ones with the same list of combos and the option to grow or shrink each side.

I am going to need to learn the terminology garmin uses in comparison to hummingbird in order to fine tune my units.

There are a lot of browsing through pages to get to where you need to go to dial in your units. Humminbird was way easier for this to adjust for speed, gain/sensitivity, brightness, contrast, etc.

I was able to figure out how to tune in the side vu for great images. It is better than my 1198c on the 455kHz and obviously better using the higher frequency mode too.

For questions, does anyone have suggestions for youtube videos on how to dial in the 2d sonar? Also does anyone know how to manually offset the transducer depth? My transducer is located 1 foot below the surface and if I am in legitimately 4 feet of water yet it says 3 feet.

Also any preferred livescope (LVS32) settings in perspective mode to better pick up things in shallow (3 feet or less) water with a mud bottom and isolated grass clumps? I had a hard time adjusting it to find my swim jig on perspective mode.

Thanks guys!

Youtube....garmin guru
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

3. Member
    Settings > My Vessel > Keel Offset