Looking to Wrap top cap, recarpet and seats

Hey Guys! Been a while since Ive been on here. Kids activities etc has kept me off the boat for a while! My son has gotten into fishing pretty heavily and wants to start taking the boat out. Thinking about cleaning up the 04 Triton TR-19 and basically letting him take it over. He turns 18 in a few months...
    Anyway, this boat runs like new but has been out in the sun and looks pretty rough. I am sure the Gel Coat is beyond saving. I'm thinking the best thing i could do (within reason) is replace the carpet, cover the seats and try to put a somewhat matching wrap on the top cap. Has anyone done anything similar they could share photos of? Looking for a little inspiration. Photos below.... I know, I know, I have let the boat go to crap!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (110.4 KB, 73 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (114.2 KB, 67 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (108.4 KB, 56 views)

2. Member
    I redid my boat’s carpet and seats. Ordered everything from bass boat seats. The seats are very good and the carpet has held up well so far. Carpet job takes a while but you can knock it out in a weekend if you’ve got the time or during the week in the evenings piece by piece. Make sure to buy more carpet than you need. If I can figure out posting pictures I’ll add a few. As far as your gel coat goes, just light wet sand it the give it a good cleaning and wax and it’ll be ok unless you just want to get it wrapped.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

3. Member
    Thanks, But I've actually tried that route. I paid to have it done a while back and it looked a little better but after a little while it looked worse than before. After talking to an expert i really think its too far gone. I don't necessarily want a wrap but I'm thinking covering it up is my best bet. Not looking to add a sponsor etc. I would like to just try to match the original lines as best i can. Has anyone done this? See better photo below:
    4.jpg

4. Member
    Find BBC member Crank 68 and get in touch with him. He's in NC as well and does amazing work. He'll tell you if the gel coat is gone or not. I've looked at his before and after on Facebook and he looks to be one of the best out there

5. Member
    Yep, that's the expert I was referring to.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
    Find BBC member Crank 68 and get in touch with him. He's in NC as well and does amazing work. He'll tell you if the gel coat is gone or not. I've looked at his before and after on Facebook and he looks to be one of the best out there
    X2 I have seen a ton of boats he has done and he will get you right. He also has someone doing wraps if thats the way you want to go. All of his contact info is in his website ncboatguy.com
    -Lance
    Bullet 21XD Mercury 250 Pro XS