Rt188 Fuel Sender

Does anyone have the spec for the fuel sender? I believe its a 8" length, but what are the ohm ratings empty/full? There a fair amount of common options like 240-33 Ohms,10-180 Ohms, 0-30 Ohms, 0-90 Ohms, 73-10 Ohms

Thank you!

2. Member
    So here's the update.... My fuel gauge would bounce all over the place, like 1/4 tank fluctuations with fuel slosh. Furthermore, it would tell me I was out of gas with like a 1/4 tank remaining.

So I bought a new sender by a company called Iss Pro. They are big in the hot rod world. It's a 240-33 ohm sender which matches the factory sender. It's 9 inches, instead of the factory 8 inch. This means it has another inch of travel before reading empty. It also has a slosh tube, so that when the fuel is moving around the gauge won't be so Jumpy. Paid a little extra for their low profile unit, which came with a potted top instead of terminals.

I crimped pins onto the wires and reused the factory connector making it plug and play. Only other thing I needed was some longer bolts (10-24 by 1.25" stainless) as the bolts that came with the sender were the wrong thread pitch.

Overall, extremely happy. The slosh is really reduced and the gauge is much more accurate.

Few pics:
    Factory sender versus the Iss Pro
    20230703_155141.jpg

Part number I used
    20230703_155146.jpg

Testing unit full tank
    20230703_160254.jpg

Testing unit empty tank
    20230703_160309.jpg

Factory wiring connection reused
    20230703_165248.jpg

Done!
    20230703_165319.jpg

3. Member
    PM sent

4. Member
    Too late now but you could of saved yourself a LOT of work and probably expense if you added a fuel Data Manager to your NMEA 2000 backbone system if you have one and get EXACT fuel reading to the tenth of a gallon right on your depth finder. I run the Great Lakes and I must know how much fuel I have left and not a guess by a fuel sending unit to a cheap in the dash fuel gauge.

On the way home when I fuel up I either select Filled UP or tell my depth finder I put in say 7.5 gallons of fuel. The system knows now how much is in the tank to work with the next time out.

The NMEA 2000 backbone cost me around $150 and with that I get every reading from my outboard on my Lowrance unit known to mankind except fuel readings. A quickly installed (5 minutes) Fuel Data Manager took care of that problem. It also keeps track of your total fuel used for the year.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Too late now but you could of saved yourself a LOT of work and probably expense if you added a fuel Data Manager to your NMEA 2000 backbone system if you have one and get EXACT fuel reading to the tenth of a gallon right on your depth finder. I run the Great Lakes and I must know how much fuel I have left and not a guess by a fuel sending unit to a cheap in the dash fuel gauge.

On the way home when I fuel up I either select Filled UP or tell my depth finder I put in say 7.5 gallons of fuel. The system knows now how much is in the tank to work with the next time out.

The NMEA 2000 backbone cost me around $150 and with that I get every reading from my outboard on my Lowrance unit known to mankind except fuel readings. A quickly installed (5 minutes) Fuel Data Manager took care of that problem. It also keeps track of your total fuel used for the year.
    I have a Merc Gateway that feeds to my Solix units the same info. Its all good until someone siphons gas from your tank while docked overnight :) My preference is the gauge versus calculated, but nothing wrong with that method either. Having both is even better.

Either way, I have under $100 bucks in the sender and about 20 min of time. A drop in the bucket of what I have in the boat