Question Honda Ridgeline Tow Vehicle

Honda Ridgeline V6 AWD truck. Supposed to be able to tow 5k lbs. Boat is Ranger 185 with 175 Merc. Contemplating. Anyone have one?

2. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    NO WAY, would I use for towing.

3. Member
    Do you have one?

4. Member
    I wouldn't used any FWD based vehicle to tow that.

5. Member
    I had one of the newer models, AWD Blackline. It pulled my RT188 really well, and really surprised me how well it stopped it. I rented U-Hauls biggest trailer and pulled it full of furniture for my son. That had to weigh about 4,000 pounds. No problems towing or stopping. I bought one of the very early models after Honda moved the factory and should have waited on the bugs to get worked out. The biggest reason I went back to a Tundra was for more room. I think you'll be ok towing, especially as flat as it is in Florida.

I,m on my second Ridgeline, first one bought in 2007 AWD, kepted it 15 years and towed many many times pulling several tin boats, would no hesitate to tow your boat....my only expense other than maintenance was power steering pump... Hope my 23 gives me the same years.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    FOLLOW UP:

After pricing a new GMC Sierra, that was 2 1/2 X higher than what I paid for my previous 2008 Sierra SLE Crew Cab $28,000 out the door, I opted to purchase a Honda Ridgeline Sport 2023. No leather, no sunroof, heated this & that. Stuff I didn’t care about anyway. I’ve put on 1200 miles & several trips to lakes. I’m impressed on what this rig can do. No qualms about it. Everything I had in the Crew Cab Sierra bed, that was hidden by a tonneau cover, was stowed below in the bed storage area of the Ridgeline. Floor jack, 2 jack stands, boat cover, pump, few tools. One downfall is that Hondas have that rubber timing chain that’s recommended to change out at 100k miles. I’ve ALWAYS owned GM tow vehicles but …