HDS issues persist after unit returned from Lowrance

HDS Live 9, started freezing up/shutting off. 12 volts on screen. Intermittent issue. Sent to Lowrance. They returned it to me with no communication, service form said they “tested it for 24 hrs and all was fine.” Went fishing today and unit started shutting off again. Would work for a while after I turned off/on power at panel and rebooted unit. My question is…how do I deal with Lowrance customer service, I don’t want to send it back in unless they take a more thorough investigation

2. Member
    Running it for 24 hours straight seems like a pretty thorough testing IMO. Typically unit shutting off is related to low or failing power supply. They would have run it on a constant and steady power source.
    NoCAL

Also you don’t mention other units in your system. Your description could also be related to Legacy Mode issues if you have units older than Gen 3
    Last edited by NoCAL; 05-22-2023 at 11:06 AM.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Running it for 24 hours straight seems like a pretty thorough testing IMO. Typically unit shutting off is related to low or failing power supply. They would have run it on a constant and steady power source.
    NoCAL
    Yup...I would be looking at your battery and wiring. Try running your unit on a friend's boat or a power supply.
    ciao,
    Marc

+ 3
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    I had that issue once, and it cost me a lesson. Had an older out of warranty Carbon, sooooo I bought a new HDS Live, same issues after installation, turned out to be bad NEMA cable.
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

Quote Originally Posted by Friscotxman View Post
    I had that issue once, and it cost me a lesson. Had an older out of warranty Carbon, sooooo I bought a new HDS Live, same issues after installation, turned out to be bad NEMA cable.
    Thanks for this info, unplugged the NEMA and unit seems to be working properly. BBC collective wisdom far exceeds Lowrance Customer Support