dartag1829

Removed the Passenger Console on my 2002 185 VS

After 20 years of bending rods getting them into the rod locker I finally got up the courage to remove the passenger console. It did peel some gel coat off where it was glued. Filled in the spots with gel coat paste and sanded smooth. Got the Gator Skins from BPS to cover the screw holes on the side and front by the locker. Love the look and ease of getting rods out. Guess I am a slow learner should have done it years ago.. Figure if I ever sell It I can give the console to the new owner.

console.JPG

Looks great! About as factory as it gets. Nice job

Nice....... I like it.

4. Member

5. Member
    Looks factory, good job ��

6. Member
    Great job bet you wished you'd bought a single console to begin with, I always had dual consoles till 2002 every boat since then has been a single console for the room.

7. Member
    That came out nice!

8. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Great job bet you wished you'd bought a single console to begin with, I always had dual consoles till 2002 every boat since then has been a single console for the room.
    Funny when I bought it 20 years ago I didn't really think about the pass console. Been getting up the courage to do it for a couple years. Hope this one lasts another 20 years but if not my next boat will be a single console. Amazing what I found in the back of the glove box. Things I had not seen in years.

Looks good!

10. Member
    I WANTED a passenger console just because when I was looking, but now that I’ve had it out a few times I’m already contemplating doing this same thing. I may consider leaving the screw holes cut out in a gator skin for if I take out my grandpa or my young daughter to give them a windbreak.

On a side note, what kind of seat set up do you have? I’m looking to switch mine out currently.

11. Member
    Turned out nice.