Hydraulic seat post

I need to order a hydraulic seat post and bike seat for my Ranger RT188P and not sure what length of seat post to get. I’m only 5’7” so I wondering if the 16”-23” would work for me? I figured it would be about the perfect height once the seat is put on it.

2023 Ranger RT188P
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 115
    Garmin 126SV (2), 93SV, LVS34
    Minn Kota Ultrex

2. Member
    Same boat same height here (29” inseam)
    I’ve got the taller one . With it lowered all the way I can sit on the seat and operate the foot pedal. I feel it would be a little bit more comfortable if it was a couple inches shorter for this application. When not on the tm pedal I like the pole extended. I then can lean the small of my back against the seat. I would not be able to do this with the shorter pole.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

3. Member
    You will need the the 23"-30" post, BPS sells the manually adjustable post, cheaper and will last longer. BTW, if you want to make your hydraulic post last longer, try bringing it down all the way when not in use, and storing it vertical (mounted in the base), something about relaxing the internal seals. My Swivel-Ese 238 post is 11 years old and still working fine. Order your bike seat from Bassboatseats.com, very good quality !

4. Member
    Same height here, I forget what the length is on the one I bought, but it sounds like it's the same as the one @Madeintheshade has. It's definitely a swivel-eze power pedestal. I went with the Tempress casting seat so I can put it all the way up and lean against it without turning it around like some other seats.

https://imgur.com/htKrX9z