Thread: LVS32 Ping

LVS32 Ping

I have a 106/LVS32 combination in a shuttle environment with no other transducer connected. Question is when the unit is used for mapping with the GLS10 box powered, will the LVS32 transducer continue to ping without the LVS32 transducer transmit set manually to off ?
    Alumacraft 175 Competitor
    75 Mercury Tiller
    Garmin 93SV UHD(2) GMS10
    LVS32

2. Member
    I don't think so. On my GPSMAP units I have two options. First, like you mentioned, where you set Transmit Off in the LVS menu. You can also press the Power key and choose Disable All Sonar. On my units, both selections are remembered through a power cycle. So if you turn the pinging off. Power off, then Power back on, the pinging remains off until you manually turn it back on. Pretty sure the echomaps work the same way.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks Larry......I am borrowing a shuttle setup for a large tournament to have in the boat which is not mine. I also want to use the mapping as it is pretty good for this body of water which is huge. My guess going forward will be 70% mapping time while trolling & 30% livescope time while pitching rocks & weeds. The last thing I want to do is unknowingly burn out the transducer when it's not in use. I have a separate switch inline on my GLS10 so I know it's not running. Maybe Todd Driscoll can provide a firm answer on this.
    Alumacraft 175 Competitor
    75 Mercury Tiller
    Garmin 93SV UHD(2) GMS10
    LVS32