Active target- waypoint issue

I use to be able to touch the active target screen and save a waypoint. Got a prompt box today that said cannot post waypoint, Vessel position not acquired.

2. Member
    Based on the prompt lost your GPS signal, Go Check the GPS Source especially if you have a point 1 take the source off Auto

3. Member
    Double checked and all units are reading gps source from internal antenna and direction, rate of return etc from point one.

4. Member
    I’m stumped. Almost like the internal gps is not working properly.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedAgain! View Post
    I’m stumped. Almost like the internal gps is not working properly.
    Is there a question mark in your boat position on the chart (indicates loss of GPS Signal).

Time to save your waypoints and do a hard reset.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Is there a question mark in your boat position on the chart (indicates loss of GPS Signal).

Time to save your waypoints and do a hard reset.

I would also save my settings along with my waypoints. It will save time after the reset.

7. Member
    No question mark, I can save a waypoint on the map just not on the active target screen (which I have done before)

8. Member
    Are you tapping the spot then opening the menu and tapping New Waypoint? Don't tap the Waypoint button. That will create a waypoint based on the location of the GPS receiver. You must tap New Waypoint to get it to use the cursor location on the AT screen.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    NoCal.

I have shortcut keys programmed for waypoint. Recently, I was able to see a brush pile on AT, touch the AT screen on the brush then press the programmed key and waypoint was saved. Went to set a waypoint this past weekend using the same process and received a prompt that "waypoint could not be created, vessel position not acquired." I double checked when I got home and verified I am using the internal gps from the HDS Live and direction from point one. This is the first time I have ever received this prompt. Any thoughts?

10. Member
    Anyone had this issue?

11. Member
    Have you performed the hard reset yet? I am suspecting your internal antenna needs to be reset.
    ciao,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by HookedAgain! View Post
    Anyone had this issue?
    It happened to me once a few months ago... same symptons, was unable to set waypoint and also got the vessel position not aquired. Posted on it here and it was suggested likely cased by loss of GPS signal, whether due to issue on boat/hardware or atmospheric I never found out, as next time out it and ever since it's worked as expected, even though I made no changes to hardware/settings/wiring etc.