Thread: Personal best

Personal best

I played in my work golf league last night. I shot a personal best 4 under for nine holes. 5 birdies and one bogey.

Just one of those nights that everything was working. Couple that with a pretty easy course and a couple of putts falling… and I ended up with a darn good night!!

2. Member
    Congrats. That is supposed to happen to all of us at least once in a while. Keeps us interested in the game.
    Now you have to go for 6 birdies next time!

3. Member
    I shot a 32 on the front nine of a fairly difficult golf course. I was on top of the world. Had it all figured out I thought. Tee shot on Number 10 pulled OB. Shot a 41 on the back. It was a good walk from 9 green to 10 tee box. I was thinking during that walk that all I had to do was shoot a 39 on the back to finish under par for the day. How could I not? This game will bring you back to reality quick.

4. Member
    Haven't played in 10 days as I got rained out on my last attempt last weekend.
    Fishing has been okay with a 5 1/2 and a 6 this last week on frogs.
    So wife and I play with another couple today on a cool beautiful day in East Texas.

Clicking along today after starting with a bogey on No. 1 a par 5.
    Birdied 8 but had two other bogies for a 38.
    Then bogied 10 parred the next few with a bogey at 14.
    So I get to day dreaming about my low round of the year after I par 16 with a good putt.
    WHAM! Double/Double finish!!!! 3 putt on 17 and dunk my approach short into the water on 18 from 187 out. 79, still tied my low round of the year.
    But 75 was dancing in my head for just a short while.
    This game will humble you no doubt!
    I guess that is why I like the challenge of golf.

5. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    I shot a 32 on the front nine of a fairly difficult golf course. I was on top of the world. Had it all figured out I thought. Tee shot on Number 10 pulled OB. Shot a 41 on the back. It was a good walk from 9 green to 10 tee box. I was thinking during that walk that all I had to do was shoot a 39 on the back to finish under par for the day. How could I not? This game will bring you back to reality quick.
    It sure will I shot 30-40 on a par 72. I set the course record at my club when I was younger. I never shot within 4 strokes of it before or since.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

6. Member
    Shot 76 yesterday with no birdies and parred the damned 17th and 18th. Revenge is sweet!