I'm gonna rant for just a minute

I have dealt with more little bs issues with this 2021 boat than every other boat I have owned in 30 years. They are all little and most are 3rd party component parts. I am currently in the middle of replacing the charger. The list is as follows.
    Hub issues
    Brake issue
    Carpet falling off bunk boards
    Courtesy light receptical
    Control panel
    I had to change props because the dealer sold it with a known wrong prop.
    Battery because it came with a 24 series cranking battery
    Pin slipping on the trim to the engine twice.....
    Now the charger
    And I forgot a livewell pump out.

Every last bit of this stuff should be under warranty but to get that I have to take it to the dealer and leave for weeks at a time or option 2, just buy new stuff and fix it myself which is what i am doing. It's a gd joke what we put up with as boat owners. Thank you for listening I feel better.

2. Member
    And let me add I have to reach under the console and push the back of the garmin after running I rough water because flush mounting a garmin with their mounting brackets doesn't work worth a damn. Also just put 31 series battery trays in them. My cranking side has a 31, I wrongly assumed so would the tm cause it would be too easy to just put the same size trays in them. I go to drop 2 batteries in because it didnt cross my mind that the charger crapped the bed already and damn if those trays are not smaller. Now my rant is over.
    Last edited by WAWI; 05-19-2023 at 09:25 PM.

3. Member
    So I’m going to treat you like my brother because we are family. No disrespect. You paid to fix ALL of that??? No call to the dealer or BassCat to correct said issues?? I’m only 2 hours from my dealer and would rather take care of a minor issue myself than burn up a day to have them fix it but maybe that’s just me? Prop and battery should have been taken care of by them, at least the cost. The rest BassCat probably would have been more than helpful to help out with. A couple phone calls could have eliminated some frustration unless there’s more to the story than stated?
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    So I’m going to treat you like my brother because we are family. No disrespect. You paid to fix ALL of that??? No call to the dealer or BassCat to correct said issues?? I’m only 2 hours from my dealer and would rather take care of a minor issue myself than burn up a day to have them fix it but maybe that’s just me? Prop and battery should have been taken care of by them, at least the cost. The rest BassCat probably would have been more than helpful to help out with. A couple phone calls could have eliminated some frustration unless there’s more to the story than stated?
    No more to the story, the dealer in my area takes a while. Now I can either leave the boat, miss fishing time, miss tournaments etc or deal with it. The wonderful parts guy at cat suggested I go to dealer when I ordered a pump out pump but again. Haul it in. Leave it, wait for it or buy it and move on. I sold the 24 series battery to a guy, I can sell the prop in a hot minute I just haven't yet. Oh and I have replaced one of the trailer lights 3 times....and as I mentioned I ordered basically all replacement parts from cat other than the charger. Bought new one local. I would have been more than happy to ship back stuff and let them see if it was in fact defective and credit me but that isn't how it works. You take it to a dealer.....

5. Member
    If you are having issues, give basscat a call. They have warrantied stuff for me over the phone or email with pics/videos of the problem. My dealer Boatmasters is awesome, but some stuff is easier/quicker to fix myself versus taking to dealer. If you have minor issues, give basscat a call first, see if they can handle with you directly.

We certainly will always be glad to help on issues that are ours to repair. Our staff should be able to work with you to dissect anything you need. Don’t hesitate to call as we are always willing.

Some items we have trouble getting cooperative assistance from those manufacturers, which we will generally manage internally on production parts. Hub issues are Dexter and we’ve had our belly full of them for the last several years, as have other manufacturers. Control panel, courtesy light housings (unsure what part), and carpeting on bunks would be on us… no questions. As for the Garmin bracket, we feel all companies could improve this and pressure has been removed from them to do so with the new multiple unit mounting of chart/graphs.

We believe Aledo is in the Fort Worth area, so you have some options within driving distance. An item like a pump is probably simpler to manage the cartridge yourself as connecting the boat to the truck requires more time than plugging a part, pending that’s what it is. Crossing wires from another pump will diagnose that easily.

We can’t speak on the wrong propeller, though being VERY honest in 2021 we are lucky a propeller was available as both Mercury and Yamaha are still extremely far behind and have been since CoVid. They are operating the Mercury propeller facility at over maximum capacity, added new injection molding for new engine propellers, Italian automated buffing and grinding equipment, and more to pull pressure off of the main line propeller production line. We honestly had a backorder of over 6 months on propellers at times and during CoVid, through today ongoing, propellers are in extreme short supply.

A 24 Series battery may have been dealer provided on an Advantage or Vision model. Premium models all come standard with a 230 minute reserve capacity 31 Series AGM. The new 400 and 450 engines have a higher cranking output battery, due to alternator and cranking needs.

We assume the Charger to be other than MinnKota. We could not acquire MinnKota during the CoVId supply challenge and reverted to a NOCO awe had prior usage of. They proved the reason we departed NOCO and we have had a few issues with that product. MinnKota has usually been much better, when available. Most NOCO were more commonly installed in 2022 model year.

The trim ram upper pin slipping on the engine is a Mercury part that a service bulletin exists on.

Please don’t hesitate to at least bend our ears so we can be informed that this volume of frustration exists. They review consumer data frequently with production and stay tuned in on the numbers of challenges consumers have.

The staff will be in office next week and they will do their best to help. We will just send you a pump, or walk you through how to cross th wires over to check that one out. Make it easy, don’t make it hard.

The marine industry has a long way to go in order to make consumer experiences plug and play. It’s getting even more complicated with more widgets going on products from even more manufacturers. And no doubt CoVid threw all of us a supply chain conundrum unlike any of have ever seen. When plywood and paper products are hard to buy, that’s a new day.

We are glad to help!

BCB

7. Member
    No, I get it Rick, everyone deals with dexter, the prop was during covid and my assumption is the put the closest one they had, the charger is pro mariner and based on internet reviews they are pretty good about fixing them so I will send it in and just have a back up, but the same problem seems to recur with them when you research it, they should figure that out. The pin issue on the merc is a known issue and that's on merc. I think my frustration stems more from the process which is not limited to bass cat dealers but really crosses all lines. Most dealerships have a silly wait time. Getting small stuff fixed is just not worth the time and everyone I know just ends up handling themselves. It kinda let's the manufacturers off the hook when we have to choose between being without our toys or just handling ourselves. I bought it from a dealer 4 hours away as the local dealer was not in business yet and the local guy does his best but..... I don't understand why dealerships have libes of boats needing work, guys are calling dealerships nonstop trying to see when they can get their boats in for work and nobody hires more mechanics. And a 24 series battery should never be on a bass boat. That's the wrong place to save a buck. Just my 2 cents.

8. Member
    And to the garmin mounting all companies should at this point either design their own or use a bbt, precision, etc mount. Electronic get changed out so much now the days of dealing with a hole in the console should be in the rear view mirror. And yet it's an advantage model. I didn't buy it to be cheap, I bought it cause it was the biggest boat that would fit in storage space. I had a 520z prior too. I have added so much stuff it may be the most expense p2 in history lol.

9. Member
    Sorry to hear of the issues your having with your rig.
    BCB covered about everything that could be said about the current quality issues within the boating industry.

As a consumer, it’s not about the little things, it’s about the time spent off water to get them fixed.
    As stated by BCB, always call them. It’s not just about helping YOU. It’s about gathering information on their products and the vendors that support them.
    I would have done EVERYTHING that you did. I would not have waited. I would however called BCB. Many times they will ship you the parts needed under warranty if it’s within their guidelines.

I have a great relationship with my local dealer/maintenance facility.
    Like others, they are always busy, especially during the Spring/Summer months.
    They will however open a work order for me and get me in line for boat maintenance. This keeps me from leaving my boat at the dealer. But, when the call comes it must show up by the next day.
    It’s a 4 hour round trip, but worth it with that kind of customer service.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Sorry to hear of the issues your having with your rig.
    BCB covered about everything that could be said about the current quality issues within the boating industry.

As a consumer, it’s not about the little things, it’s about the time spent off water to get them fixed.
    As stated by BCB, always call them. It’s not just about helping YOU. It’s about gathering information on their products and the vendors that support them.
    I would have done EVERYTHING that you did. I would not have waited. I would however called BCB. Many times they will ship you the parts needed under warranty if it’s within their guidelines.

I have a great relationship with my local dealer/maintenance facility.
    Like others, they are always busy, especially during the Spring/Summer months.
    They will however open a work order for me and get me in line for boat maintenance. This keeps me from leaving my boat at the dealer. But, when the call comes it must show up by the next day.
    It’s a 4 hour round trip, but worth it with that kind of customer service.

Don
    I have a 2022 P2 I called my local deal the day I purchased from original owner, and almost didn’t buy the boat, because I got such a negative vibe from service.

I called back a week later to set something up, and all get is basically bring it in, we’ll get to when we get to it. The Charger was not working,,,I just replaced myself. The panel bilge button doesn’t work. Not a big deal, just not a good service department.

love the boat anyway.
    2022 Bass Cat P2…Pro XS 200

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonoSport View Post
    I have a 2022 P2 I called my local deal the day I purchased from original owner, and almost didn’t buy the boat, because I got such a negative vibe from service.

I called back a week later to set something up, and all get is basically bring it in, we’ll get to when we get to it. The Charger was not working,,,I just replaced myself. The panel bilge button doesn’t work. Not a big deal, just not a good service department.

love the boat anyway.
    So Basscat didnt tell you that, you are saying that was your local dealership, correct? Ive never had anything but top notch help from Allan or anyone else when I call BassCat needing parts or information on a problem that Im having.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    So Basscat didnt tell you that, you are saying that was your local dealership, correct? Ive never had anything but top notch help from Allan or anyone else when I call BassCat needing parts or information on a problem that Im having.
    correct…NOT BASS CAT.

I know boat dealers are limited on resources. I think they just need better training. I also have a Ranger. My Ranger dealer is night and day compared to my Bass cat dealer. I can call my Ranger guy and ask any questions no matter how dumb, and they all handle it with a helpful good attitude.
    2022 Bass Cat P2…Pro XS 200

13. Member
    My premium cat didn’t come with no 31 AGM all dink 24’s it now has a 31 AGM crank and 3 31 lead acid
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    My premium cat didn’t come with no 31 AGM all dink 24’s it now has a 31 AGM crank and 3 31 lead acid
    I don’t know when you bought your boat but I believe all of the premium boats now come with a group 31 Pro Guide start battery. Dealers generally add the trolling batteries later.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post

Based on where you are there is a good chance it's the same dealer I bought mine from.

16. Member
    Sounds like Bass cat needs to straighten out a dealer... LOL
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville