SELECTED TRANSDUCERS KEEP CHANGING

I have 4 Garmin units. A 106 and a 93sv at console and a 93 sv UHD and a 93 sv at bow and all are hooked up to a GMS 10 to share information. When I have the console units set and running with correct transducers and either turn them off or put them to sleep and use bow units with correct transducer selected and fish for awhile then put bow units to sleep and go back to the console units and wake them up they are using a different transducer and I have to reselect the correct transducer and same will happen when I go to the bow units. I spoke with Garmin tech and he advised me to go to Home / Settings / My Vessel / Transducer Models and select correct transducer which was what I was doing but in a different sequence. Doing it the techs way did not stop the units from choosing a different transducer also the 106 has the Active Captain SD card. Does anyone know if a units chosen transducer can be set to stay and stop this changing. Thanks in advance for any help.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

2. Member
    Need to know which units have what transducer plugged into them. If a transducer is plugged into unit#1 and unit#2 is displaying that transducer and you turn Unit#1 off, Unit#2 has to find another source on it's own. Also I'm guessing the tech asked you may sure all the units are updated.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Unit 1 the 106 at console has the GT 36 unit 2 a 93 sv at console connected to the GT 30 / GT 8 with Y cable. Unit 1 pulls in GT 8 through the GMS 10 for 2 D sonar. Unit 2 is used mainly for mapping. Unit 3 a 93 UHD at bow has the GT 54 UHD on trolling motor unit 4 at console is mainly for maps and can pull in any transducer from the GMS 10. All units updated a few days ago. Unit 1 the 106 has the Active Captain card.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

4. Member
    Ok. Thanks for the details. Putting a unit in speep mode is not supposed to have any affect on the other unit. Even in sleep mode it's supposed to keep operating the transducer and putting that information out on the network....if another unit is displaying it. I don't know this from experience so I'm going by extrapolating from what I've read. So if you put Unit 2 in sleep mode and at the time no other unit is displaying either the GT30 or GT8 they will be turned off. If though, at the time you put it in sleep mode another unit is viewing those transducers, they will keep operating. My suggestion is to look at the sequence. Set the view you want before putting any units in sleep mode.

If you do that, and the transducer selected changes, then you need to PM Todd and ask for his help. You may not be the only person with this problem.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Basically that is what I do before putting any unit in sleep mode. Even if I leave unit 1 and 2 running and use units 3 and 4 then when done I will put 3 and 4 to sleep go back to 1 and 2 will be ok but when I bring 3 and 4 out of sleep they will be on the wrong transducer. Thanks for your help.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

At each unit, you need to manually identify your Preferred Sources for SideVu, ClearVu, and 2D sonar. Go to Home, Settings, Communications, Preferred Sources. I suspect you have them in Auto which would explain the current behavior.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Thank You for the advise, I will try it tomorrow. Not sure if they are in auto as the setting route i use is Home / Settings / My Vessel / Transducer Models and select correct transducer but when one is turned off or put in sleep the changes occur now I am looking forward to use your advised method. Again Thanks.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

8. Member
    Yep they were set to auto in communications, changed them and now they stay on the set transducer Thanks Again.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10