Basscat lynx 250 sho

Looking for some advice for my 2018 basscat lynx 250 sho combo. Im new to the cat family looking for some driving tips and a good all round prop. She doesn’t seem to handle corners like my bullet any help would be appreciated.

2. Member

3. Member
    Look into a Solas Scorpion prop. Its a huge improvement over a T2.

It is not going to corner like your Bullet. Since you've hooked it up to the same tow vehicle, it doesn't tow the same either. The Lynx is a very large hull and this model year was built to run with the 2 stroke engines and weight. A four blade Fury might give it some pop and would be worth a try.

I ran a 2018 Lynx 250 SHO for 3 seasons, best handling prop for me, by far, was a 26 Bravo 1XS. Much more mid range lift and gets rid of the keel grabbing at lower speeds. You also want to run your hydraulic plate all the way down to run, my best results were to lift it half way up for holeshot, then immediately drop it after the bow comes down. Here's one of the longer threads on Lynx props: https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...highlight=lynx

6. Member
    Big no on the scorpion . It may run better than the yammy but stick with the T2. Message me and I’ll tell you why

The Bravo might actually give it what you need also, even better than a Fury Four on this application. Another option is the FPX Yamaha propeller.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It is not going to corner like your Bullet. Since you've hooked it up to the same tow vehicle, it doesn't tow the same either. The Lynx is a very large hull and this model year was built to run with the 2 stroke engines and weight. A four blade Fury might give it some pop and would be worth a try.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    Big no on the scorpion . It may run better than the yammy but stick with the T2. Message me and I’ll tell you why
    Why no on the scorpion? The yamaha is a boat anchor if you compare it? The Scorpion uses a softer steel but it almost half the price. After the experiences I have had with Yamaha props I will never own another.
    If you want to increase hole shot, top end, handling and ride then get a scorpion. If you want your boat to run shit stick with the T2.

Team Marine is pretty big on Solas... Mark Croxton is not. Junk metal, i believe were his words when I talked to him about possibly buying one when I needed a replacement for my T1 in a hurry.

T-series was once good, long ago. Early ones are great I think up to around 2012? After that, not so much. QC on them is not good, and typically have to be worked out of the box, unless you get lucky, Not what one expects from a 1K prop. T1 can throw blades esp if run high, Yam "fixed" that with the T2, made them stronger but also re-worked the exhaust and cost them some performance as well as rpm as well. I got lucky and found two reasonably priced used T's when mine cracked, a T1 and a T2 so I have backup now also. But if I had to buy new I would move to the Merc prop family on my SHO for sure.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Team Marine is pretty big on Solas... Mark Croxton is not. Junk metal, i believe were his words when I talked to him about possibly buying one when I needed a replacement for my T1 in a hurry.

T-series was once good, long ago. Early ones are great I think up to around 2012? After that, not so much. QC on them is not good, and typically have to be worked out of the box, unless you get lucky, Not what one expects from a 1K prop. T1 can throw blades esp if run high, Yam "fixed" that with the T2, made them stronger but also re-worked the exhaust and cost them some performance as well as rpm as well. I got lucky and found two reasonably priced used T's when mine cracked, a T1 and a T2 so I have backup now also. But if I had to buy new I would move to the Merc prop family on my SHO for sure.
    Mark also told me they were junk steel right before he crafted that prop into the best prop I ever ran lol. Soft steel will save a lower unit and keep blades from slining.
    I ran a 27 T1 on my falcon until the hub went out. Switched over to the T2 and it was junk. I sent Mark the Solas I damaged and when I got it back I gained 5 MPH over the Yamaha. All I had him do was add cup and repair it. The Solas ran less than 6% slip.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The Bravo might actually give it what you need also, even better than a Fury Four on this application. Another option is the FPX Yamaha propeller.
    The Bravo props have worked very well for my on my 18' Lynx.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma