How's Lamoka fishing now?

Was wondering if anyone has been out on Lamoka and had any success this spring?

I drove by the boat launch today at the canal and saw quite a few trucks there. Was looking to head up there during the week sometime in the next few weeks.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

2. Member
    I didn't go to Lamoka, but I fished Waneta last Thursday. Water temp in the channel was 56 on my way out in the morning and 65 when I came in the afternoon. The main lake was in the low 60s. Saw several fish on beds. One largemouth that was well over 5 lbs sitting on a bed in the weeds offshore. Saw a pair of nice smallmouth on a bed under a boat lift too. But, I don't like to fish for fish on beds, so I passed them by. I caught quite a few fish from docks. The weeds are already pretty thick at the southern end of Waneta and I noticed the southern end of Lamoka was grown up to the surface already.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Thanks for the info.

I noticed that the south end of Lamoka was heavily vegetated already as well.

hoping to head up there next week possibly.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors

I had a chance to get out yesterday but didn’t have enough time to get to Lamoka, only Waneta. We caught a bunch of pretty decent fish with the biggest being this 2.6lber.

Only got to fish for a few hours but lots of good looking grass that we caught everything in. Hopefully they don’t nuke the grass this summer. Water temps were at 71°.

Only negatives were the abundance of jet skis and pontoon boats and a busy boat launch. Hope to get out during the week sometime soon to check out Lamoka and Waneta both.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors

5. Member
    The look on that little guy's face is priceless. I'm not sure it's fair to fish in Spiderman slippers. :)
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    The look on that little guy's face is priceless. I'm not sure it's fair to fish in Spiderman slippers. :)
    That must've been why he out fished me then...I left my spidey slippers at home.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post

It doesn't get much better that that!!!

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
    I had a chance to get out yesterday but didn’t have enough time to get to Lamoka, only Waneta. We caught a bunch of pretty decent fish with the biggest being this 2.6lber.

Only got to fish for a few hours but lots of good looking grass that we caught everything in. Hopefully they don’t nuke the grass this summer. Water temps were at 71°.

Only negatives were the abundance of jet skis and pontoon boats and a busy boat launch. Hope to get out during the week sometime soon to check out Lamoka and Waneta both.