possible hub issue

Wanting to make sure i dont have a hub issue. I have the SSR HD hub. When i took my prop off to check it out, i noticed the hub stayed on the shaft. The last time i had to have it pressed in. This time, when i transfer the hub from say the fury to my bravo 4 26 pitch prop, it slides in loosely all the way to where it bottoms on in the prop. Is this normal or is the hub gone bad. I did notice one of the black plastic tabs on the hub came untaped but just wanting to make sure the hub isnt bad.

Engine Serial Number - 3B174288
    2. Year/Make/Model 2023 Mercury 250L PRO XS TM
    3. Prop you are Running - 24 pitch fury 3 blade
    4. Current Maximum RPM - 5900
    5. Idle and WOT Water Pressure Readings - idle 2-4 and wot 18-20
    6. Smartcraft or Analog Instruments? smartcraft level 3

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Merely the fact that you can remove or install the hub with moderate ease is not a deciding factor in whether or not the hub is good.

I can tell you that the SSR hub you're running would be pretty obvious if it's failed.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I will mark the prop and the hub and see if it moves inside. I just didnt want to run it if i was going to mess something up. I did notice one of the black plastic tabs that go around the hub had come off. I Was able to replace that plastic piece that is just double sided taped to the hub and I had to press it in. Im thinking it was just that plastic tab. There are 3-4 or that go around that hub.

4. Member
    Is it possible that you are mistaking a Racing hub with a SSR hub ?

5. Member
    This is the hub I have. I thought it was the ssr hd hub. I’m
    IMG_0494.jpeg

6. Member
    Sure looks like I have the flo torque racing hub however.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    Sure looks like I have the flo torque racing hub however.
    That would explain why you found it so easy to get in and out.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Sorry and thanks for the help!